Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 18 July 2020

Acceptance

Saturday 18th July 2020 
Life is a gift.  Wake up every day and realise that.




Mom's first words this morning were a call from her bedroom, "Have you made your dad a cup of tea?"  I went in and sat with her, we've had a cuddle and a cuppa and she's snoozing in her chair next to me.  

Accept your situation!

That's what I've realised is helping me right now, one of my favourite quotes is, 'if you don't like where you are - move, you're not a tree', but sometimes we find ourselves in situations we can't change, mom with her Alzheimer's, me being her carer (well in theory I could change that as I don't have to do it, but I don't want to, I want to care for her), the same goes for so many others in carer roles for loved ones and other situations I don't need to list, you know if you're in one.

Anyway, what's helping me is a shift in my thoughts, my life hasn't changed this week but I feel so much better about it.  I've stopped fighting it if that makes sense, I feel more at peace, as my sister said, 'this is our new norm' and accepting that is a little like accepting you have to wear a face mask in public even if you don't like them, the more you whine about it, the more uncomfortable it will be. 

I just have one more area of my life I need to accept or change and then I can relax my mind a little more, I don't like that chatter you get in your head when there's something that's changing and you're unsure about how you feel about it.  I know the only guarantee in life is change, but I'm one of these people who likes to know WHY, I'm like that annoying little 4 year old who doesn't believe you when you say the first reason, I often think I'm being told one thing to quieten me, rather than the real reason and then I get stubborn.  But today that can be put to one side because I'm going to have another good day!  

I've got me a mom who seems brighter than she has done for a few days, turns out we think she was overdosing on polos!  Yep you read that right, my sister pointed it out and so yesterday we removed all her junk and her polos (I'm talking a pack a day at least for the last week!) and I limited her treats and she's much perkier this morning (good call sis), she's slept pretty well too which is a bonus, I think my hormones woke me up more than mom did last night. 

Things I've got to look forward to today include, my latest crochet project, I started it yesterday, the pattern is for a vest (I'd call it a sleeveless cardi) but instead of using the yarn they said, I decided to use some Paintbox Aran I have (If anyone has a couple of pale coloured balls going spare give me a shout), well I love the pattern but I know I'll never wear the thing so instead I'm turning it into a lap blanket, I'll have enough to make it 36 inches (it's really wide 0 about 63in) because I was doing something else), but it can be a lovers lap blanket or if you're single like me, you could just turn it the other way, or I can always order a few more balls or us a different brand.  I'm using light browns and cream and I have a love light aqua type colour I can add it.   (Well I'm guessing you're thinking borinell Bev, next you'll be sharing your dreams with us).  

Moving on, other things I'm looking forward too, my Marlies Menu delivery, butter chicken and lamb tagine this week, no cooking for me this weekend whoop whoop!  Then this morning I've got my virtual workshop to enjoy, catch up with Elle and Kate and all the lovely members, 9.45 in the Wolverhampton WW Connect Group if you fancy joining us, last one of the week, all about habits and building and breaking those pathways in our brain!  Clever stuff you know based on science.

My belly is actually rumbling right now, I've just had a mega cuppa tea, well I say rumbling it's kinda talking, sound like ooowwwww, it's making me giggle. I've done half hour yoga, didn't get to do the meditation as mom called me, but it's okay, the yoga was quite meditative this morning plus I can do it either after this or at some point today.  I was just going to take Alfie, but it's started raining and I@m not feeling 'walking in the rain' this morning. 

I am feeling yogurt for my breakfast though, if only to shut my stomach up!  Maybe a banana sliced up in it, mmm.  

Here's to a good day, a delicious day and most importantly for me a calm day.

Mwah, luv ya 



Love me xx

No comments: