Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Planning to cook today

Tuesday 21st July 2020
Success begins with the decision to try.


I love both of those quotes and they're both true, I'm investing in myself right now and it's making me feel like I have a future, not that I'm just a carer, my head is in such a better place that it was only a few weeks ago.  I feel like I've been through a process and come out the other side, I have lockdown to thank for that as it's given me thinking time away from my 'usual' life which has helped because it's shown me what I miss and what I don't.  

Yesterday I submitted the final module of my Eating Psychology Coach diploma which will be both helpful in my personal life as well as my professional work.  I'm trying to decide what to study next, so many different courses to choose from and cost of course is a massive implication.  Payday on the 25th though, so that'll be my treat. 

My stress levels are considerably lower than they were too, this makes a huge difference to not just how I'm feeling but also how I'm eating, which is why I'm glad we're talking about stress in this weeks virtual workshops, I'm on this morning at 8.30 in the Wolverhampton group, hopefully not long now till I can see them face to face, I'm not going to lie though, I do like zoom workshops, they make my home life a hell of a lot easier right now with mom.  

Moms still asleep bless her, she's had a much better night than me, I started sweating the minute I lay down and I didn't stop until I woke, it's the weirdest thing, anyone who's hormonal and experiences them know it's not like normal sweating, it's bizarre, mine is just my head and neck at the moment, very strange.  

It's all good, a shower and a walk in this cool morning breeze will work wonders, got my shopping coming later and I plan to cook Butter Chicken either today or tomorrow depending on mom, Marlie's Menu cooking for me has made me want to have a go myself.  This is the recipe I'll be making, it's my mate Claire's and I tweak it a little bit and add more chicken cos it's zero on my plan!   I bet it would be delicious made with goat! 

Butter Chicken 

Serves 2 or add more chicken and it could go further.

Total recipe 17SP (9SP each) on blue & purple 20SP (10SP each) on green


350g chicken breast diced (3sp on green, zero on blue & purple)
3tbsp tandoori spice 2sp
1 ½ tbsp cant believe its not butter light 3sp
5 green cardamom pods lightly crushed
1” cinnamon stick
4 cloves
2 small onions finely chopped I used 3 shallots
1 heaped tbsp grated ginger
1-2 green chillies slit lengthwise
2 tsp paprika
2tsp curry powder (any)
2 tsp garam masala powder
3 tbsp tomato puree 1sp
120ml elmlea light cream 7sp
5 teaspoons sweet freedom syrup 4sp
1/2 tsp fenugreek leaf powder 
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander for garnish

Marinade chopped chicken for few hours in the tandoori spice then oven cook til tender.
Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan and add the butter. 

Add green cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves. Fry for 20 seconds, add the onions and sauté for 5-7 mins on medium heat until they take on a light brown colour.


Add the grated ginger and slit gree
n chillies. Fry for a further minutes and add the curry powder, paprika, garam masala powder along with the tomato puree.

 Stir well and cook for a couple of minutes. Now gradually add the double cream stirring continuously to mix all the spices with the cream. Simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.

At this stage add a splash of water/skimmed milk if the curry is too thick. Stir in the syrup and the fenugreek powder. Season to taste. Now add the cooked chicken pieces and simmer the curry on a low heat for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.


Anyways, short and sweet this morning I want to make the most of mom being in bed, you watch she'll wake up the minute I stop typing ;) 


Mwah, luv ya 


love me xx



No comments: