Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 2 November 2018

Sweet Potato Toast anyone?

2nd November 2018
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Day 1 tracked, not perfect but honestly tracked and that’s better than I’ve done in a good while!  Cracking day of meetings, Thursday might be the longest but it’s full of laughter and this Thursday it ended with cake!  One of my lovely members had made the cake from the front of November’s WW magazine, she’d also made the ginger scones from the comfort cook book they were delicious.  Everyone is raving about that cook book, it has everything from pizza to pie, which is pretty perfect.

November is vegan month apparently and one vegan idea I came across when I was searching for meeting ideas last week was sweet potato toast!   You slice the sweet potatoes into equal slices like slices of bread, then place on a baking tray (I’d put on a wire rack on a baking sheet so they cook all round).  Bake in a preheated oven 350F for 15-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not cooked all the way through, you can roast dry or with a little oil.   You can flip them over halfway through if you want to.

Once tender but not completely cooked, remove from oven and allow them to cool.   If you’re storing in a container but a sheet of paper towel in the bottom to collect any moisture.

When you’re ready to eat them, take a couple of slices, and pop them in the toaster to warm through, I fancy mine warm and crispy, I can’t wait to try it out.  Then decide on what to toast your sweet potato toasts with.  I’m needing avocado on mine and apologies to all the vegans out there but I need an egg too.  There are so many other options though, your imagination is your only limit, no imagination just google sweet potato toast toppings or check out pinterest. 

Now for some useless information, Sweet Potatoes aren’t actually a potato, they are a root potato and then are a good source of fibre and vitamins B and C, high in beta-carotene (antioxidant) which converts to vitamin A once eaten.  80g of sweet potato counts as one of your five a day – ordinary potatoes don’t count at all so they are worth having a try.

The skin doesn’t have to be removed if you’re baking or frying them, and you can roast, bake, fry, boil, they really are versatile.  As for Smart Points, 100g will cost you 3SP and they are delicious. 

Ooo I need some in my life now, I hope Co-op has some, otherwise I feel a trip to the supermarket coming on. 

I’ve pre-cooked some chicken in the slow cooker yesterday, I put breasts on top of a Maggi seasoned cooking paper, then I put another one on top and left on low and slow for about six hours, then shredded it with two forks, it’ll taste excellent on a bed of rice with some roasted peppers, or well there’s plenty I can do with it and it’ll keep for a few days in the fridge – 3-4 days according to the internet gurus.

If you cooked that on a Sunday you’d have chicken for lunch till Thursday – not a bad idea.

Right I’m off to get my day started, I have work to do, then my usual massage lady couldn’t fit me in so I’m off to try a new place one of my members has opened https://www.facebook.com/labellewednesfield/ I’ll let you know tomorrow how I got on!

Here’s to honestly tracking again today, too easy to not bother!

No comments: