Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 14 November 2018

#LoadsOfGoodThings


14th November 2018
The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.

Good things yesterday

Slept well
Woke up in good mood
I saw a buzzard outside my house on way to work
My sister washed up
My bestie checked in on me
It was Carol’s birthday
We had cake
I made sweet potato and chicken curry
Mom was good (90%)
The other 10% I was patient
Mom, me and Anne did a Xmas Walkers crisp tasting session – SPROUTS flavour and they work. https://www.facebook.com/bevww/videos/10156426297450862/
I worked out what to get mom for Christmas
Someone sold me similar said gift for £30 (& I’ve already given it her! Oops)
My WW workshops were good
A member bought me a slice of cake she’d made from a WW meeting recipe card
I managed an hour crochet on afternoon whilst spending time with mom
We had an early night
I woke up wanting to make a pie! Meal planning in my sleep 

Actually mom woke me up saying ‘come here’ repeatedly to Alfie to stop him from coming to wake me up, but because I’m refreshed and rested it was making me smile especially as she’s been doing it on and off since about half four.

Good morning people, those are just the things that sprang to mind when I just sat down to start my blog, amazing how a change in mood/mindset can help you focus on the positives.  Actually just focusing on the good stuff makes a change to your mood and mindset.  Yesterday wasn’t all good but I’m choosing to forget those things!

I was asked last night how I’m losing weight if I’m not following the plan 100%, what have a changed that’s made a difference.  Well firstly I gained the weight I’ve lost in a few weeks whilst ill last month, so I put it on quickly.  I was eating mom’s treats and feeling sorry for myself and lying about doing nothing whilst I was ill.  I’m not doing all that stuff now.  I’m making sure I drink plenty of water, having a pint first thing, taking a glass to bed and trying to drink some in the day time too.  I’ve been walking a little more, Alfie has been in the mood.  I’m only eating when I’m hungry, so on days I don’t work, if I have a big breakfast, I’m skipping lunch and having an early dinner. It’s working, now I’ve lost those few pounds I gained, I know I’ll have to tweak and do more to lose any more but that’s okay, as long as I end the year under that stone, I’ll be happy.

Here’s the curry I made, I wanted to use up the sweet potatoes I’d bought and the chicken which was at its use by, I didn’t actually fancy eating either because I wasn’t really hungry after cake, so they’re ready for today – but I want pie!   How did I make the curry, I chopped chicken, sweet potato and added a jar of curry sauce – viola, hassle free cooking, it couldn’t been left in a slow cooker too.

If I do have pie, I will be buying the pastry and opening a tin of stewed steak, or maybe I’ll just buy a pie ready-made.  I’ve got some sweet potato toast ready for breakfast, going to have avocado and egg on it.  Too much on today’s ‘To Eat’ list some of it might have to wait till tomorrow.  I feel the need to feed – think it’s the cold weather.

Oh showed mom her little photo printer this morning and printed her a pic of her and Alfie, it’s brilliant, going to order a purple notice board for her bedroom wall and she can collect photos and keep her memories alive in front of her for as long as possible.  I might look into getting the larger one for Christmas, or maybe buying a 4x6 photo printer so the photos are normal size.  We shall investigate.

Right I’m off to get stuff done, long list of ‘to do’ stuff, but I like to do my crochet at the moment so I will take me an hour for that, I want to learn to read a pattern as I have one coming for a huge project I have planned to keep me occupied all winter.  I have two projects already on the go, which I could finish over the next week or so, it’s all keeping me entertained.  I don’t care what mom’s watching on the tv if I have something to distract me.

Have a very great day BeYOUtiful, I hope too, shall focus on those positives again today, make sure you do. 

Oh I almost forgot, one more good thing from yesterday, I had my first mince pie of the year and they were a whoopsie, 72p instead of £2 odd! BONUS! Double good thing.  I've just scanned them with the WW app, 11SP, good job I only had one ;)

No comments: