Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 5 November 2018

Find the laughter...


5th November 2018
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.


Up this morning because I’m at training all day today, no day off for me I’m afraid.  Need to think about food, or I’ll grab at anything when I get home.  Could put a chicken in the slow cooker, always a quick solution.  I have to say I tried sweet potato toast yesterday and I loved it, I only did one potato just to try but would definitely do them again – info on this blog;

I also had a roast vegetable roll yesterday, it did set me back 9SP but it was delicious, I took some of the softer bread out of the middle otherwise it would’ve been 11SP.

I’m still not being perfect but I’m getting better.

Mom and I had a proper laugh moment yesterday, I can’t even remember what started us off but it was lovely to share.  Our situation isn’t easy but we’re making the best of it.  Sometimes she’s a really hard work but if I’m extra patient on those days and remind myself it’s the disease, it’s easier.  We’ve adapted our world around us to suit, I’ve got me a hobby to keep me occupied when I’m at home with her and we manage.
I sat at my computer yesterday and taught myself a new crochet square, it took me a while to do it and patience but I got there, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOQubLu0MBM I do love YouTube, it’s so much easier to follow someone you can watch rather than read it.  I have typed up her instructions in my own words rather than the pattern online but now I can do it without the video, I managed half a dozen of them before going back to the ones that take no thought at all.  I could happily sit and crochet all day, every day.  I usually get fed up of a hobby but it’s coming up to a year since I taught myself how to from this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlAUgKqmj4&t=118s and I’m still loving it.

It also stops me thinking about food or drink once I’m consumed in the squares, especially the new one I started yesterday because that takes thinking.  Find something to do that you enjoy to take your mind of turning to food and to give you something to look forward to doing.  

I also love to learn new things which is another reason I enjoyed making those squares yesterday and why I’ll enjoy my training today.

What do you enjoy?  Actually what do you enjoy that’s good for you or that won’t damage your health?

I’ll leave you with that thought as I go and get ready for my day and work out what to throw in the slow cooker, catch ya tomorrow. 


My three positives from yesterday were, 
new crochet square
moms laughter
early night 

What were yours?


No comments: