Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 12 November 2018

Life's not bad


12th November 2018
Take life one step at a time.

Good things from yesterday:
1)      Learnt another crochet square 
2)      My brother popped round 
3)      A good day all round


My brother popped in yesterday and mom turned the tv up and he got a little taste of the sensory overload I have to live with day in, day out, TV volume on 80-100 depending on the programme and heating always over 23 – it’s hot and it’s loud and it isn’t a nightclub! 

We had a mostly good day though, apart from her telling my brother she doesn’t like her chair, her other one is comfier and it was a waste of money because she doesn’t want to sit back and she likes her feet on the cold floor – hey ho, such is life.

I had a couple of hours doing squares with the help of the internet

And I started having a go at the virus blanket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlf7em4OhZc&t=1600s but I went back to my granny squares once we started watching tv, I can’t do thinking and watching at the same time.

I did realise though that doing the squares that require me to learn, think and concentrate was as good for my brain as crosswords are for moms so I’m going to learn at least one a week at the weekends, on a Sunday morning probably, it can be my thing, over the year it’ll make a lovely blanket.  I need to get some wool in a colour I want to use.

Last night I watched the remembrance service on tv and they read extracts from peoples diaries, they were very personal.  This made me think that I started writing my blog for me, to air my thoughts and process them not for the benefit of others. Lately I haven’t had much to say but I’ve felt the need to think of something because I know others read it, I’m going to stop doing that because ultimately I blog is for me and if it’s relevant to others great, if it isn’t that’s okay too.  Ten years I’ve been consistently getting up in the morning, turning my computer on and writing about my previous day and day ahead, it used to only be a paragraph, it started as a record of what I was eating as I started using and trialling a new WW plan.  I’ve just looked at that very first entry (it won’t be on here because I didn’t do it via blogger back then but it’s on my pc) I’d love to weigh today what I did back then, some things never change, but lots of things have, including me and my life which is why my weight fluctuates too.  I’m heading towards 50 as my bestie reminded me on Saturday as she asked me what I wanted to do to celebrate it, my response was I’m only 48, “but you’ll be 49 in January, and then 50 will be here before you know it”, thanks for that V. I don’t want to live forever, I want to enjoy the years I have left, I don’t want to obsess over every single meal I eat.  I know what’s good for me and what isn’t. I’m not willing to give up some of the not good stuff, I’m trying to do moderation and that’s good enough for me.

I attempted the lasagne pockets idea yesterday, epic fail, wouldn’t do it again, keep a lasagne how it’s supposed to be – in layers!  Stuffed mushrooms were delicious though, they were shop bought but could easily be replicated.

Anyway as it’s only 5.49, I’m going to have another bash at a crochet square, see if I can follow a pattern from one of the books that arrived without the aid of a video to show me!  Wish me luck.

It’s Monday, let’s make it a marvellous one, you could have a meat free one, your life – your decisions.

No comments: