Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 22 November 2018

All about the veggies

22nd November 2018
You glow different when your doing better. 

Yesterday was a good day, less bread, more water, trying to be aware of eating my five a day and I realised I haven't really been and I only just managed to yesterday, I had mushrooms and tomatoes with my breakfast, for my lunch I had chicken and ham soup (WW soup with some bits of gammon ham thrown in) so no veggies in that.  For my dinner though I had lentil curry thanks to Harjit and that had onions in so the lentils count as 1 of your 5 a day in case you didn't know, I served it poured over my leftover cauliflower so that just about makes it 5!  I seriously need to get my veggie on.


 Yesterday I was contemplating buying myself a laptop because I'm sick to death of the pc blowing up regularly (still don't know if it's fixable) and because of Black Friday there were offers to be had.  I left that laptop sitting in the checkout all day thinking should I spend that money on a laptop for me or is it too much.  Then on the afternoon I was watching tv with mom and an advert for Unicef came on and mom commented on sending them money.  I suddenly realised that I'd donated about £400 over the last month or so to charity, I'm not rich I gave them the £250 You've been Framed money, hence it being so high, then Children in Need tugged at my heart strings last week, plus other bits.  The point is I didn't think twice about that, nor about buying my mom her new chair so why was I overthinking buying myself something when I can't remember the last time I did.  Why do we do that, put ourselves at the bottom of the list?  Well yesterday I took myself up to the top and it arrives today.  It'll mean I can do some of my work sitting with mom instead of in my office which is a double bonus, I'll also be able to show her things from Facebook easier because she'll be able to see the screen clearer than my phone.  


Speaking of mom, she's up and about already so whilst I just made her tea and sorted her medication, I've diced up pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms and took a spoon of peas from the freezer, when I finished blogging I'm going to make an omelette with them for breakfast, get ahead with my 5 a day this morning. 


My second workshop last night say Simon celebrate losing his 5 stone, how fabulous is that and proof that you can do it if you put your mind to it, it's a family affair in their household and his wife and daughter are my members too.  They were telling us some of the delicious meals they'd enjoyed this week, they've been using the WW Flavours cookbook and they'd also indulged in a Chinese takeaway  but explained how they shared between three what Simon would have once ordered for himself.  All about making the changes to get the success.  His wife Sharon is also over 50lb lighter than she was when she started, just incredible. 


This was the post Simon put on Facebook and what makes my job as a Wellness Coach just the best; 




So tonight at weigh in after a hellish day and week feeling miserable I got my loss. 3.5lbs off which has taken me half a pound past my long awaited 5 stone first goal. 3rd January to 21st November. Long job but I've lost 8" off my waist, 5" off my shirt neck size, 5xl to 3xl and can walk pretty good. To say I am chuffed is a bloody understatement. Never give in. If I can change anyone can. Now to work on the next 5 stone. Game on you fabulous lot. Love WW. Pictured with my fabulous Coach Bev. And big thanks to my missus Sharon who supports me always . Xx


Isn't that just a brilliant positive post.  I love it when members tag me in their success posts and share their journey with me online as well as in meetings.  Remember when you do post to share your success to tag me or Bev's WW page and if you share the 'share the love' link from your app then if anyone signs up using that link you both get a free month at WW.  That links definitely worth sharing. 


Ooo so it's my busy day, I need to plan my dinner, not sure what I fancy though, so I'll go check out the cupboards and freezer, I want to use some of the freezer food ready for Christmas so I have space for the frozen stuff.


Here's to a very great day, Christmas isn't here yet, stay strong, stay away from temptation, we can do this BeYOUtiful.



Oh I almost forgot, a big thank you to everyone for your generous donations, this is our third certificate, taking our total to well over 2,000 meals donated and our cash total to £1323.55. Just incredible, thank you again for your continued support to the Black Country Food Bank, keep that food coming or donate at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/donatedinner

It's thanksgiving today in America, but we can be thankful here too, my #3GoodThings from yesterday, 1) Julie baked the Tiramisu cake and bought it to the meeting for us to taste 2) Harj cooked me my tea 3) mom did a bit of washing up when I got home.

There were more and the 3 are easier to find since I've been doing it daily than it was at the start.  We've talked in our WW Workshops that practicing gratitude makes us happier. Taking time to recognise and appreciate the good things (and people!) in life has been shown to increase well-being, improve sleep quality and strengthen our relationships. That's why gratitude is one of the topics included in our mindset pillar. And you don't have to celebrate Thanksgiving to bring gratitude into your life. In fact, studies show that the more regularly you practice gratitude, the greater impact it can have. Check out this video to witness the power that spending just a few minutes on gratitude can have on you and those around you - at home, at work and in your community.

Who are you grateful for today? How will you tell them to put #gratitudeinaction?

No comments: