Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Not a great Monday!


13th November 2018
Don’t say maybe if you want to say no.

Well I’m back to my Monday morning weigh in, it works for me and it’s the day I should have as my day off, I lost again so I’m doing something right, 1.5lb this week, that’s 4.5lb in 2 weeks, proving I can do it without even being 100% or tracking every day.  I know the good stuff from the bad stuff, I know the portions I should be having, I know moving more will help me burn calories.  All these things I know, it’s just remembering to do them on a daily basis.

Yesterday was a day of me being dramatic, some days just get to me like that.  I know everyone has to clean their house and do errands and has responsibilities but some days it all does my head in.  All I wanted to do yesterday on my so-called day off was sit and crochet.  Instead I spend the morning doing WW work, then cleaning, plus clearing up broken glass because the bins were too full, then the bin bag burst all over the front garden, my poor brother was trying to help but made the situation worse so I yelled at him and anyone else that could hear me.   Alfie was an absolutely ball ache all day, wouldn’t eat his food, whining constantly, ending up taking him out for a second walk around 5ish and we were out an hour.  I eventually sat down at 6ish but even then it wasn’t relaxing, I had to keep getting up for the dog, for mom, people messaging me at WW.  In the end I realised I’d be better in bed at least I’m still there.  Even then it didn’t work out as planned the damn foxes were howling and disturbing Alfie, which woke me around 11ish.  Happy days!  My day started at 4am and ended at 10am and for a day off, I didn’t do much day offing!

3 Good things?  
1) Still managed to have a couple of giggle moments with mom.
2) I lose 1.5lb.
3) I had avocado, egg and sweet chilli tomatoes with spinach for breakfast, it was delicious.

I never made it to the food bank to take all the food, but I’ll get there at some point.

Tuesday it is then, back to WW, good job I enjoy it and I do, just wished I was as passionate about eating and drinking less at the moment.  Could be a lot worse though, at least the scales aren’t going up and up and up. 

My mind is calmer this morning, I can tell, it was busy yesterday morning, full of all the things I needed to get done and that wasn’t helping me get any of it done.  I think sometimes we just get too wrapped up in stuff, it’s a bit like when a member contacts me saying they’re struggling, trying to do it but then something happens and they go off track.  The truth is that’s real life and a weight loss journey or any kind of journey doesn’t always run smoothly.

Having a bad drama, over-reacting to my life day yesterday doesn’t mean I have to continue it today.
If you drop your phone on the floor it doesn’t mean you should jump up and down on it and smash it completely.  If you have a bunch of roses and one dies, why would you throw them all away?  So if you have a bad day, don’t let it become a bad week, if you have a bad week, don’t let it become a bad month, and don’t let a bad month become a bad year.  One bad day does not make a bad life.

Oh you should have seen how dramatic I was being over the broken glass and the burst bin bag that I couldn’t get out of the kitchen bin – at one point I went to put the actual bin in the rubbish bin outside and I would’ve done if my brother hadn’t been there to stop me!  Yeah super dramatic.  Calm again now, if you put crazy dog, crazy old lady and a crazy menopausal middle aged lady together in a house, you’re going to get moments like this.  At one point yesterday I went to say/think, “I wished I lived on my own”, but before I did, I thought ‘be careful what you wish for’ yes it can be difficult, but I’m sure living alone wouldn’t come easy at times either. 

There’s difficulties in all our lives, I particularly have a few in mind who are going through it at the moment, they remind me to count my blessings.

Anyway what shall I have to eat today – priorities eh!

Here’s to making today a good one, 6 weeks today, it’ll be Christmas day – and I’ll say no more about that today!


No comments: