Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 1 November 2018

Just say NO!


1st November 2018
Autumn – the season that teaches us that change is BeYOUtiful.


It’s the 1st of the month, chapter 11 of 12 of the year, how would you like this chapter to read?  I like the idea of ‘NO’vember especially after listening to so many of my members last night say they’re struggling with ‘picking’ at night or eating too much bread because it’s nice and easy.   Maybe like me, you need to have NO excuses this month, what would you benefit from the most by saying NO to this month? 

If I’m saying NO to excuses, I also need to say no to the extra glass of wine, no to the picking on moms treats after I’ve had that wine, that’s for starters.  Instead of doing these things I could start saying YES to things, YES to weighing and measuring my food/drink – I’ve just started by measuring out a jug of 2SP skimmed milk for my cups of tea today, then I’ve tracked 3SP to include the cup I’ll have at meeting.  I’m going to say yes to tracking on my app, I’ve just done that too, I’ve weighed myself and logged it then tracked my milk.   Knowing I’m going to do that means I’ll have mostly zero foods for breakfast and no butter on the bread I have.  All these YES’S will help me start to finally see a change on the scales, I do not want to end this year in the next stone bracket up and I know I will if I don’t lose some weight before Christmas. 


Mon
Tue
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun






1
2
3
4



5
6
7
8
9
10
11



12
13
14
15
16
17
18



19
20
21
22
23
24
25



26
27
28
29
30
1
2



3
4
5
6
7
8
9



10
11
12
13
14
15
16



17
18
19
20
21
22
23



24
25
26
27
28
29
30



31
1








They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for your family and friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world, I’m mostly interested in me noticing the difference – which would be 29th November, but I’d quite like my nearest and dearest to notice too so that’s Christmas week, another important day for me is 1st January because I want to still be in this stone bracket I am now and if I get a grip now, that’s possible.
 This image came up yesterday in my memories on Facebook from 2016, this was me before and after 4 weeks on plan throughout October 2016 so I absolutely know I can make a difference this month by focusing on the end result and all the steps in-between.

Is it going to be easy – probably not, I need my head to click but it won’t do that until I start doing it, until I start to feel the benefits, I want to be my best self again and that isn’t a number on the scales, it’s a feeling and that feeling comes from eating better and taking care of myself.

I’m hoping to get mom out a little again after we had to go to the dentist yesterday and I convinced her to pop into Springhill Mobility shop whilst we were over that way, perfect because I could park right outside.   When we first went in she was adamant she didn’t want a walker, but once we’d (thank you to the lady who owns the shop for her patience and support) chatted to her about the benefits of taking any help you can get when you need it, we came home not just with the Mercedes of walkers, a new walking stick with 4 feet for stability and posh new socks, but she’s having a super new chair being delivered on Saturday too.  I know if I can just get her out a little, she’ll get some fresh air, move a little, interact with others and her general health will improve and hopefully she’ll lose a little weight and be more mobile for it.

Now I’m not prepared for a day on track!  But I have leftover stew which I could have for my tea, that’s only about 5SP a bowl, I could even have it for lunch and not think about food at all today!  There’s only a couple of slices of bread so if I don’t replace that today, I won’t be able to did bread and butter in my stew, if it ain’t there I can’t eat it.

What you going to say no to this NOvember?  Oh and we’ve all tried that, ‘I’m not giving anything up any more because it’s not sustainable and doesn’t last’, ‘resolutions don’t work’ blah, blah, blah, well you know what, if you’re not losing weight, whatever tactic you’re trying at the moment isn’t working either so maybe we all need to start practicing the ART OF NO more!


No comments: