Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 16 November 2018

Have a very, great'ful' day


16th November 2018

I opened two gifts every morning, they are my eyes.

 

Woke up at silly o’clock this morning and instead of lying there trying to go back to sleep, I decided to get up and get stuff done, then my work stuff will be done early and I can get on with having almost a day off.  Might even through in some housework as I’m feeling quite productive this morning.

 

I’m also excited for my crocheting, had my new pattern come in the post yesterday and my next project is a step up in the skills level, I’m going to be ready a pattern instead of following a video and I’ve recoloured the pattern too.  Now to wait for the wool to arrive so I can get started.  I’ll spend the weekend finishing off (or doing more) of the 2 blanket projects I’ve already got on the go.  Who knew I’d turn into a ‘hooker’ - crochet style of course, I don’t have the energy for the other type! That can be one of my #3GoodThings

 

Had a frozen chicken dinner for lunch yesterday, it wasn’t bad at all, added some extra sprouts (love that you can microwave fresh sprouts, they came in a little bag – life is so easy sometimes).  That can be another of my #3GoodThings

 

We were talking about curry and lentils last night in meeting and I promised to put these two awesome recipes from lovely ladies for Laura (and anyone else who fancies trying them). Harjit’s tells us the base is the same for every curry she makes, so you can add any ingredients you fancy, she made me an epic chick pea one on Wednesday, just drain the chick peas and throw them in.

 

Harjit’s Chicken Curry Serves around 6-7.

3 teaspoons Olive Oil (5SP)

4 Onions, chopped

1-2 teaspoons Salt

3 blocks frozen Garlic, (Asda sell already frozen blocks),

2 blocks Ginger

 3 Green Chilli, (add more if you like it spicy, less if you don’t like heat)

2 teaspoons Jeera (Cumin Seeds),

1 ½ teaspoons Haldi (Turmeric),

½ large can Tomatoes (Blended) or ¼ carton passata,

500g chicken breast

1 teaspoon Garam Masala, Fresh Coriander (Optional)

1. Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onions & salt.
2. After 5-10 mins add garlic, ginger, chilli & jeera (cumin seeds)
3. Cook for around 20 mins if onions start sticking to the pan add water.
4. Once onions are browned and softened add 1-2 teaspoons of Haldi (Turmeric), cook for around 10 mins until the colouring separates from the onions.
5. Once the above has cooked add half a tin of tomatoes and cook for around 5-10 mins.
6. When tomatoes have blended in with the onions add chicken, cook chicken for about 10 mins and then add boiled water and simmer until water has thickened and chicken is tender.
7. Once chicken has cooked add garam masala and stir and garnish with fresh coriander.
8. Serve

 

I’ve also had this made for me and it’s absolutely delicious too.

 

Yasmin's Yummy Lentils – 4SP total

1 tablespoon of olive oil (4sp)
Half a onion
Two garlic cloves
Salt
green chilli
Turmeric powder
2 cups washed split red lentils  
coriander to garnish

Add oil, chopped onion and garlic to a pan and on a low heat, soften onions and garlic.

Then add washed lentils and mix quickly so they don't burn or stick to pan.

Add 2-3 cups of water and mix well. Add a half teaspoon of Turmeric to the pan, mix well.

Add a chopped chill or two, preference is yours.

Mix well, and on a medium heat, cover the pan and let cook for 20 mins.

Check every 5 mins to make sure you have enough water as it evaporates very, very quickly. If so, add another cup and check again. When lentils are no longer looking like lentils, more like mushy lentils. After it’s all cooked, add coriander to garnish, and a huge dollop of low fat, or fat free Greek yogurt to serve.

You can have with toast, chapattis, rice, or a huge spoon.


Anyways, that’s all from me, although I haven’t done the third of #3GoodThings, the third is easy, mom was good all day yesterday, her mood didn’t shift even once, oh if only I could bottle that. 

Oh there were probably more but I have things to do, places to be, if you haven’t already, check out Headspace on your app, if you’ve gone AWOL from your WW workshops, get back, let’s all help each other to keep our head above water over the rest of this year, don’t drown in Christmas and Winter.  Remember you don’t have to step on the scales, you can come for the support and ideas of how to survive this season.

Have a very, grateful day. 

No comments: