Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 August 2018

share your flex! https://www.shareyourflex.com/

2nd August 2018

And I did it again, day 4 in the bag, 24 days to go.  Can you believe I forgot to eat breakfast yesterday, plus I managed to get mom to come for a drink.  I didn’t realise until we were driving about 11 that we hadn’t, however knowing mom wouldn’t get out of the car, we stopped at one of those roadside burger type vans.  I had me an egg sandwich, no butter, cost me 6SP but kept me on track. 

Obviously by the time we got home, that was a couple of hours taken from my day so my plans changed slightly.  I’d also got me some 5% beef mince reduced from the Co-op on the morning and a jar of curry sauce, I was getting the 75p rogan josh (14SP) one but then spotted a cheap 30p jar (only 8SP for the jar) and thought that’ll do, it’ll be one of those mild ones like Sainsbury’s and Asda do.  It wasn’t!  It was a bit tasteless so I messed about with it, added some apple and sultana, some spices and a couple of oxo cubes – when all else fails stick an oxo cube in it I say.  WOW, WOW, WOW, I put a mash topping on it and a bit of cheese, had it for my tea when I got back from meetings and it was delicious.  Cost me about 13SP but it was absolutely worth it.  The only other thing I had to eat yesterday was one of the Weight Watchers new Protein Chocolate bars, they have 10 times the protein in them of their regular toffee bars, so great as a satisfying snack.  I had the egg sandwich around 11, then nothing until half three when I ate that bar, which I’ve got to say kept me satisfied until I had my tea at 8, now that was 2 very Smart Points spent.

It’s getting easier, I didn’t think about food so much yesterday at all, if I can make it through the weekend, week two will be so much easier.  I am feeling more positive in myself believing in my ability to do this.

https://www.shareyourflex.com/ I love this!  Upload your own photos, choose your tagline and post on Facebook, we can all have a lot of fun with this, make sure you tag me in your photos and make me smile on a very busy day ahead. These are 3 photos I found on my phone real quick this morning.  

Getting silly now!  
But seriously, I've spent the entire summer typing back my hair because it drives me mad hair does, I find it annoying when it's all in your face and hot round my neck so I tie it back, yesterday I showered late and didn't want to go out with wet hair so blasted it with the hairdryer and realised firstly my hairs grown loads and also I've gone even greyer (whiter) and I love the colour, hassle free hair, tie it back and jobs a good un.  Anyway time to stop playing with the Flex fotos!

I’ve got a fancying for toad in the hole using Penn Road butchers chicken sausages, that needs to go on the menu this week, here’s a simple recipe I’ve used before;

As well as being a cheap meal, it’s only 5sp a serving too.
300ml skimmed milk (4sp)                                                                                                                             
2 eggs
125g plain flour (12sp)
1 pack of 6 chicken sausages (3sp)

Whisk together the batter and pour over the sausages which I’d cooked in hot over for 5 or 10 minutes first, then cook for half hour.

I didn’t use hot fat to pour the batter into like I once would, instead I used a pan liner to stop it sticking to the baking tin.

I fancy doing mine slightly different though, I’m going to roast some red onions first, and maybe some garlic cloves then make the toad.  Might even add a sage & onion stuff ball or two.  Ooo I’m drooling and I need to get ready for work. 

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful, here’s to working on a healthy life and having a very great day.


No comments: