Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 15 August 2018

For the love of cheese...

15th August 2018
Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten so take it as a lesson learned and move on.


Never go to bed on an argument is such good advice for so many reasons, sadly dementia isn’t interested in this logic, so the mood lowered instantly when moms mood turned about 10 minutes before bedtime and we went to bed miserable – happy days.  Not sure what the vibe is this morning, the first half hour is rarely a good one any, but here’s hoping the stories she’d made up in her head last night have now been forgotten and we can get back to surviving good old Alzheimer’s and all it throws at us.

On a positive, I had a delicious day yesterday, for breakfast I had egg, 2 bacon medallion, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes on a lo-dough that worked, I’d eat that again.  Replacing my bread with lo-dough is costly but helping me lose weight.

I made an epic lasagne, I’d planned to do the honeycomb version but it was too fussy, so I went with good old-fashioned flat lasagne, I used fresh pasta 250g packet was 21SP, 500g of 5% beef mince 12SP and I was lazy and used Bisto white sauce granules which cost me 10SP for 46g of unprepared powder, made up was about 250ml. I should’ve made my own, it’s not like it isn’t easy (see recipe at end of blog).  I used passata and oxo cubes for the tomato sauce, added diced carrots, onions and mushrooms to it too and topped it all off with protein cheese 3SP for 160g and cooked it’s great.   This was the deliciousness on a plate, I have a portion left, would’ve had it for seconds last night but I was stuffed, I’m tempted to have it for breakfast, healthy, happy food to create a happy mood!






Anyway my Eatlean Protein Cheese hamper arrived yesterday, it cost me £18 using the discount BEVERLEY10 plus free delivery in August  https://www.eatleancheese.co.uk/  In the box was, Block 350g; Smoked 350g; Grated 180g; Snack Pack 7x30g; Spreadable 150g, Shaker 80g, and Shaker Smoked 80g

Now I’m always honest about what I try but before I tell you my thoughts I did a little video of mom trying it! https://www.facebook.com/bevww/videos/pcb.10156212510440862/10156212508585862/?type=3&theater

She approved and enjoyed her smoked cheese sandwich.  I too was impressed, I’ve tried the protein cheese before and there’s no denying the texture is a little more rubbery than normal cheddar, it’s also not as strong as I’d like mine but having said that, when I first tried Cathedral City Lighter I wasn’t impressed at all, it’s now the only one I buy because I compromised and my tastebuds did too.  I want to lose weight so I know I can get used to the texture because this is how it holds up Smart Points wise

70g of Eatlean Protein Cheese = 1SP
70g of Cathedral City Lighter Mature Cheddar Cheese = 7SP
70g of Cathedral City Mature Cheddar Cheese = 11SP

When I make a cheese and potato pie (which I need in my life this week!) I use a block of the Eatlean Protein Cheese mashed in the potato for a mere 7SP, then I top off with the Cathedral City Lighter Mature Cheddar Cheese for that extra flavour, having seen how well the Eatlean melted on the lasagne yesterday I’d actually do a half and half mix on the topping to keep the points down even more.

Now to the smoked, yeah as mom said it’s good, I’m going to experiment with that, it’ll be nice diced in an orzo salad or I’m wondering what it would be like fried like halloumi cheese.

I’m absolutely in love with the shakers, parmesan at a fraction of the points, yes please, the entire tub is only 3SP and you’re not going to use that much, just a sprinkle on your jacket or pasta = perfect solution.

I’ve tried the spreadable before, it’s as good as any other spreadable cheese to be honest (4sp per 100g) and the snack sized cheese, I could eat as a snack after trying one yesterday, I didn’t think I’d be able to eat protein cheese like that, thought it would have to be cooked but turns out I can, maybe it’s because I’m doing my 28 days of eating well and I realise this stuffs healthier than a block of full fat cheddar, yep as we look at Saturated fat because we know that’s the bad stuff, the difference of 100g is

Eatlean Protein Cheese = 1.3g
Cathedral City Lighter Mature Cheddar Cheese = 14.9g
Cathedral City Mature Cheddar Cheese = 21.7g

I don’t want to be thin, I want to be healthy! 

Well at least talking about cheese distracted me from what I’ve got to go and handle in the other room for 20 minutes!   Now to decide what to have to eat today, I’m thinking a jacket potato with tuna mayo and cheese, some real comfort food, haven’t had a jacket in forever, put them in the oven and cook them properly.

Not sure what’s in the fridge, I’ve got my cooked chicken as a standby to try and stop me comfort eating when mom flips, I will confess to two packet of WW crisps last night, had them from the Poundstretcher – that wasn’t a good idea, I’m like oh they’re only 2SP, I can have two packets.  Won’t buy them again!

Right here’s to a very great day whatever way moms mood goes, I will not let my situation affect what goes on my plate.  Midway through another week – scary isn’t it.


Right I’m off to get stuff done, here’s to working on a healthy life and having a very great day because the weekend will soon be here!

Simple white sauce
Total recipe 15SP, Serves 4 at 4SP or 3 at 5SP each
40g low fat spread (5SP)
40g plain flour (4SP)
450ml skimmed milk (6SP)
1 Bay leaf

Put all ingredients into a non-stick saucepan.  The mixture won’t look great with lumps of flour and low fat spread but it’ll be okay.  Place over a medium high heat and cook, stirring all the time.  As the sauce heats the flour and low fat spread will blend to give a smooth sauce.
Continue stirring until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.  Remove the bay leaf before using in your chosen recipe.





No comments: