Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 August 2018

I've refound my love of Flex & Food!

10th August 2018
You get what you focus on, so focus on what you want.



Well you can tell I’m on track and in the weight losing zone because I am searching for things that are low or zero Smart Points, I need to feed and I need to continue to enjoy my taste for rich red wine too.  You can imagine how chuffed I was yesterday to find out that Eatlean do more than your box standard protein cheese.  Who knew there were so many different kinds now, smoked, shaker, spread, I've ordered me a hamper to check it out & I've only got you all a discount code to save 10%, type BEVERLEY10 in at the checkout, and you also get free delivery too throughout August. https://www.eatleancheese.co.uk/shop/  I love the idea of being able to sprinkle a bit of cheese (parmesan esque) onto my salads or pasta, they do it plain or smoked too, wicked. 




Yesterday I decided to try and replicate the takeaway I’d been treated to the night before, unfortunately my food delivery man rang to say his van had broken down and it would be 2 hours before he was rescued so my delivery was going to be late, which meant I had to improvise!  Then half way through my cooking he turned up so I was able to add stuff at the end, now I didn’t use exact measurements and I’m trying to remember what I used but it was damn tasty and zero point portions – BOOM!


Bev’s Sweet Chilli & Sour Chicken

I obviously messed about and kept adding till I got a taste I liked so this is more or less what I did.

2 onions chopped chunky
1 carrot in thin slivers
4 Chicken breasts diced or as much as you like – they’re zero!
200g Passata
Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp sweetener
1/2 Tbsp malt vinegar
Green pepper, sliced
8 cherry tomatoes half
3 regular tomatoes cut in quarters
Mushrooms sliced or quartered
Handful or two frozen peas
Small tin of pineapple & 1tbsp of the juice

Started by putting the chunky chopped onions in a frying pan (I actually use a Cooking Shallow Cast Iron Casserole which I bought for £20 in the sales, I love it, now I am digressing because I need to tell you about HOB BRITE, 

 

which my sister got me to clean it because it’s a bitch to clean and I’d given up trying was going to just leave the hard stuff on, oh my word it’s amazing, she’s made it look new again, Aldi sell it for £1.39 apparently) back to the onions, I used a little spray light, but then added a bit of water to help them cook, next I added the thinly sliced carrots and threw in the chicken breast chunks.  Next I added the passata, soy sauce, sweetener and vinegar.  After about 10 mins when the chickens almost cooked, I added the tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper, pineapple, juice and peas and continued to cook.  Tasted it and it was okay but a little too tomatoey for me, I’m not a huge tomato based food fan as most know so there was something missing and as I searched my cupboards, I found this in the fridge;

 

It was just a little shy of the full bottle which is 3SP a bottle, costs about £2 in Aldi and Sainsburys if you can get it, I’m going to order me some from their website www. blendbros.co.uk, when I finish blogging, it’s more expensive but I know I can use 5 bottles easily!  They do other dipping sauce flavours too. 

Anyway, I threw the bottle in and it was perfect, just what the sauce needed and that was then a mega meal and everyone who ate it agreed, all that needed to be pointed was what we served with it.  As 3SP in the entire thing and it served 5 of us easily.

I’m really enjoying playing about in the kitchen, trying to get meals lower in points, it reminding me of the flavours I enjoy, so the lo dough pizza I had for tea last night I put spinach, pineapple (probably my fav fruit) tomatoes, spring onions and protein cheese, and it only cost me 2SP total – bargain!   

 

 All that protein for 1SP and it also means I’m full to the brim, nom nom nom, so I enjoyed it with a nice big glass of wine – cheers!

 

Can’t wait for my cheese hamper to come so I can get experimenting with smoked cheese.  I haven’t been this excited about food in a long time.  Did I mention yet it’s day 12 of eating well for 28 days, almost half way through and what’s even better is so many of my members are saying they’re doing it too and it’s making a massive difference.

 

Ended a very busy day on a high last night with a double gold, Michelle and Louise both achieved their goals, Michelle has lost 45lb, Flex finally did it for her and we both cried a little, I was so thrilled for her, then Louise walks in and she goes and does the same, 44lb to get back to goal after having her second child, the first time she lost weight for her wedding proving you can get married, have babies and still get back to a healthy weight. What really makes me feel good is the fact they met and became friends in my meeting, that's where the magic happens!


Anyway, can you tell I slept really well last night, which means I had a lie in and I’m now running late, got an hour to get mom sorted and everything else because I have a nice massage booked for 10.  Right I’m off to get stuff done, here’s to working on a healthy life and having a very great day because the weekends on its way.

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful xx

Oh one last thing, if you’re thinking about returning to WW they’ve got a great offer on this weekend, half price for 3 months http://www.weightwatcherslocal.co.uk/ only £32.18 for 3 months – bargain!






No comments: