Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 6 October 2023

No rushing today

Friday 6th October 2023



Friday, I don't have to turn my alarm on but the wonderful cat that is Minnie got in my room last night so I couldn't shut my door, which in turn meant at 4.45am this morning I had two cats in my bedroom, Minnie who was knocking things off the window sill onto the floor and Coco who was purring and doing his best to get me to stroke him and wake up and give up so he got fed.  He's now sat next to me on the sofa, still purring loudly because I gave up and got up at 5am!  No lying in here!

Well yesterday was a good work day, the huddles were lovely as always, got to catch up with our member which is always good.  I realised sadly that I've lost my watch :( I've sent my fitbit back because it's broke so I'd put on my fancy watch.  Wednesday when I went to the gym, I had a shower afterwards, I'd realised I needed to take my watch off because unlike the fitbit, it's not waterproof, so I threw it in my bag and locked the locker.  It wasn't until yesterday lunchtime, I realised it wasn't on my wrist, I'm guessing I dropped it as I was getting dressed and sorting myself out at the gym.  It hasn't been handed in, I an hope it'll turn up in the house but I've looked at places it might have been and no luck.  It wasn't a cheap watch either, I bought it with a bonus I'd had when I was a WW leader after winning an award, so it had sentimental value too.  I wouldn't want it replaced because I rarely wear it now I have a Fitbit, but it's still sad, it's just stuff though isn't it.  

Foodwise, I survived!  I started my day with porridge



I’ve not had any in a long time! Cooked 40g in 300ml of water on hob, simmered for 5 mins and topped with 50ml of whole milk and I really enjoyed it, it was warming, the milk made it a little sweeter, and for 182 calories I know it’ll keep me satisfied all morning, plus it makes me feel good inside knowing it’s good for me. Cheap too, I paid £4 for 2kg of quakers which is 50 portions! If my maths is right that’s 8p a portion plus the milk I’m guessing under 10p a portion. Gonna try and make it my daily breakfast, get into a food routine! Oh and I turned down a free Greggs!

That porridge kept me going till after 1pm, when I made us salmon (using the freezer stuff from the defrost incident), baby potatoes and sprouts.  I should've had it later as it was too much for lunchtime.  However, realising I'd lost my watch triggered my 'sod it' mode  and I had 2 celebrations (98 calories), then when I got to work I had a packet of strawberry mini cream cookies (162 calories), then Elle turned up with a packet of tomato snaps that I also ate (105 calories), then I felt stuffed to brim and felt a bit sick!  

When I got home I wasn't overly hungry but when Aryn said he still was, I cooked some bacon, he had his with plain rice (his belly still ain't right) and a bit of spinach, I had a couple of slices on a sarnie with a tomato, blooming lush for 360 calories.

I could eat that as a regular meal for sure, easily be a daily breakfast but instead I shall have my porridge again because the oats are good for me. Oats are a great source of fibre, a carbohydrate that the body cannot digest. Because fibre slows down digestion, you won't feel as hungry for a longer period.  Plus they're a cheap meal which is a very good thing these days when you see your supermarket bill!

I finished my day on minus 131 calories, that could've been a hell of a lot worse, the day before -138, so for two days with the drama of the defrosted freezer and the loss of my watch, I think I managed to control my drama queen eating habits quite well!


I've got my 12 week MOT follow up today from my joint management course so I can't exercise before, so I'll use the time to do a bit of cooking and have a good clear up in the house.  

I'm still thinking chicken and bacon pasta bake, it's an easy way to use up the chicken and the bacon I have defrosted from the freezer fiasco, it can also be microwaved if needed and the leftovers frozen.  Yeah I've got a can of chicken soup I can use as the sauce too, a good cheat to make it a very easy meal.  I might put the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and they shred them, mmm nice.  Sorted, that's dinner solved.

For now, I'll go make me another cuppa and watch a bit of GMB before I start my day.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: