Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 13 October 2023

I'm STARVING! But only in my head....

Friday 13th October 2023 


Oh I struggled not to eat my own head yesterday!  I started my day with porridge, I did it in the microwave and it comes out completely different as you can see by the photos.  The one one the right hs been done on the hob using water, the left in microwave using milk.  Now I used whole milk which is deliious but makes it a higher 380 calorie start to the day the one on right made with water and has milk over it and is only 188 calories.  If I'm honest, I'd like to try making it on the hob with the whole milk to see the difference but the original in a pan with milk takes me back to my childhood and I cook it in a milk pan so the pan washes easily and doesn't take no longer than cooking it in the microwave, actually it's quicker if I'm cooking 2 bowls.  I'm taking this porridge lark a little too seriously ain't I?1

 

Anyway, it kept me going easily till I got home and had dinner at one ish, I had the leftover meal from the night before, it didn't reheat well, it was delicious when first made, it was just food yesterday. 

Then I spent the whole afternoon wanting something nice for my tea, I was gonna have a KFC but talked myself out of that because it's no good for me and it's not cheap.  I was gonna stop at FarmFoods and get chicken wings but again loads of calories on what should be a sensible eating day because it's not the weekend and I don't have to think about the rest of them.  Then I decided I fancied egg and chips and I made them in the actifry, the don't look the best I guess but they tasted bloody lush, I have to confess to two slies of bread too, at least they were the M&S wheat and white slices plus Flora light.  That bread is delicious and cheap too at 75p!
 

Thankfully I was sated by the time I'd eaten it and didn't need any more food. I watched the night before's episode of Big Brother (I know, I'm one of those saddos) then went to bed and slept well until the rain women me up about two then regularly until I gave up and got up just before six, I do not like loud rain :) 

Today, I'm on a deep clean session in the house, I took the shower curtains down yesterday to wash and I've just realised Aryn's just gone to have a shower and will he put them back up or not, if he does will he do it properly.  God forbid he actually communicate with me in a morning and ask me what he should do because I would've said have a shower without them up as it's a wet room, it'll be fine!  Deep sigh...  

Yes, big cleaning session for me today as Aryn wants to go to the gym later so I have nothing else I have to do today.  I fancy a curry night I think, I bought a couple of huge naan breads from Aldi, not something I usually buy but they looked really good, garlic and coriander, £1.49 - I mean look at them...

They are a decent size, I'm curious to eat them.  

Oh Minnie has just fell off the coffee table lol, she rolls around too close to the edge lol!

So back to the curry, there is leftover lamb curry in the freezer I'll get out I think, not enough for three but I can do something else with it, I might go get those chicken wings so we can have like a Friday fakeaway buffet, ma'an I could eat that now if I'm honest, I've woke up hungry.  

It's the weather!  I blame the drop in temperature - it's very common to feel hungrier at this time of year and there are very good reasons as to why. The colder weather leads to a drop in our body temperature, which means our appetites get stimulated as a result. This is because eating helps to generate internal heat, subsequently leading to a rise in body temperature.

We can't use this as an excuse to overeat though, we need to put warmer clothes on says me who's sat here in a tshirt with nothing on my feet on a tile floor - me a muppet, I won't have it said! 

Right so did he shower with or without the shower curtain, he's just come out, I'll go check.....

Without!  I won't lie, I'd have been amazed if he'd tried to put them back up.  

I'm going to make me another cuppa, I don't think I want porridge today, not sure what I do want but it's not that, is it wrong to have a jacket potato for breakfast?  Asking for a friend...

Here's to surviving Friday, bed stripping and bathroom cleaning for me - rock and roll baby, rock and roll.

Mwah, luv ya


Love me x







No comments: