Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 23 October 2023

A quiet weekend

Monday 23rd October 2023


I've had a lovely, lazy weekend, after my long day Friday, I wanted to chill out and relax, especially with the weather being so yuck. 

Saturday morning huddle was great, lots of laughter and success as always, a wonderful end to our working week.  I got home and himself suggested we go to the cafe for breakfast, I wasn't gonna disagree, I was all over that idea and you will be impressed to know I ordered poached eggs on toast rather than a full breakfast and it was delicious, it did bring back my acid though, I need to get my hands on some more lansoprazole style (Proton pump inhibitor) tablets although when you read about the side effects and links to dementia that has been found, it makes me not want to take them!  I only take them if I get it really bad, I need to start keeping a food diary to help identify if there is anything specific causing it or if it is a build up of overdoing it?! 

We are struggling to find stuff to watch on tele because we've watched so much!  We did enjoy Hidden Assets on BBC iplayer yesterday, we've watched it before but had forgotten what happened, we need to second series now as it's out in Ireland.

The highlight of our food this weekend was this plate of deliciousness, I really, really enjoyed this and we all agreed we'd have it again.  Fried carrots are a new one on me but damn they worked!  All the ingredients are easily bought in most supermarkets, maybe not Aldi but Sainbury's definitely have it. 


Here's the recipe card; 

It was so good, I want to buy a large piece of belly draft and make that part of the recipe again, it would be lush with yorkshire puddings and mash mmmm, frozen peas and green beans for Aryn.  Oh I could eat that now!  No wonder I get heartburn!

I want to sit and read my book today but I have lots to do, the washing pile never ends does it, changing the beds this morning, then washing the covers on sofa which I should've done last week and didn't!  I'm gonna nip to the gym too at some point, plus I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, a 3 month check up from using the HRT patches.  I do feel better being on them, the only down side is bleeding when I had stopped for over 2 years, it's not just monthly either, hopefully that will stop and it's just a thing that happens at first. 

Anyway, I will have me an hour or two reading my book at some point, cuddle up on the sofa and enjoy or maybe in the cafe at the gym with a posh coffee! 

But first to plan this weeks huddle chat, last weeks went down well I think, we talked overeating and binge eating, something a little lighter I think this week.

What to eat today, we have 3 Gousto to choose from, I'll let Aryn pick.  I've got a couple of slices of bacon left from yesterday's breakfast so might have brie and bacon sandwich in a bit, a treat of a breakfast under 500 calories though. 

Here's to a cosy day mostly indoors away from the grim weather! 


Mwah, luv ya 


Love me  









No comments: