Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 31 October 2023

Damn noisy cats!

Tuesday 31st October 2023
There's two cats running round this house right now who have no idea of how close they are to DEATH!  3am they started and they haven't stopped since, I'm shattered now because normal people don't wake at 3am and get up but I couldn't go back to sleep so got up at 4ish.  The hour change hasn't helped at all as it, ah well, thankfully I went to bed early so it's all good really. 

I had to go to Cannock yesterday so I popped to Asda for a few bits I needed and I finally got my ham and pineapple pizza and I wasn't disappointed.  Initially I'd looked in the cooler section and Hawaiian pizza isn't so popular but Pizza Express wanted £6 for one, they can jog on, I'm wasn't paying that, then I noticed the ones that the ladies make up and it said 'meal deal' I thought ooo what is this.  Turns out I could have two medium pizzas and a 1.5l bottle of pop for £6, bargain in comparison.  I have to say it was bang on and Aryn had the meat feast one and we both enjoyed.  Yes mine was about 850 calories but it really did hit the spot and fill me up for a very long time, so much so we didn't have the Gousto meal later.


I also picked up some items for this weeks huddle chat, we're all feeling the pinch with the cost of living right now and Christmas is on its way, energy bills are still high and well I hate food shopping lately and I never thought I'd say that.  A can of Heinz soup yesterday was £1.70 in Asda, that's ludicrous, yes they were on offer 5 for £5 but still, £1.70 for a can of soup, what's going on.  I noticed lots of things, Toffifees that are something I buy at Christmas have been £1 for as long as I can remember, £1.70 yesterday, the cost of our Christmas food shop is gonna double easily. 

I bought some home branded and cheap stuff, this entire pile of food was only £11.69



Now I'm not saying all of it will taste amazing but it's worth trying!  Pasta is covered in sauce, it'll be fine, oats are oats and that's breakfast for a week.  Those hot dog sausages, we've always eaten in our house they were always Alfie's treat when he was alive and they were cheaper than dog treats (sad that).  The noodles are sound if you add a bit of soy sauce.  I've had the curry sauce before and I don't mind it at all.  Now the stewing steak was 30p cheaper than the next one up which is the one I normally have, I'm going to open both this week and compare them.  I add oxo and fried onions to mine anyway so I think it'll be okay and it's 30p cheaper, you save 30p on every item in your basket and you buy 30 things that's £9.   It all helps, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves they say.  

I checked the own branded stuff in a few shops online, they're all the same, spaghetti is 28p for 500g in all of them.  You can make a cheap, easy meal with that.  Tin of tomatoes or use a can of soup as the sauce (not Heinz of course lol) few frozen veggies and there's a plate of food.  All meals don't need meat! 

Now if you're reading this thinking I'm okay, I'm not that skint, then why not take that tenner to the supermarket and buy these products for the food bank, it could feed a family for a week!  We're always collecting in our huddles for the food bank, you can always drop it off with us.

I'm just sick of paying silly prices for stuff, if I can find a cheaper alternative I will, I have other things to spend my money on.  

I saw a post the other day saying, if someone buys you a Christmas present that cost £10-20 be grateful and remember than most people took 2 hours to earn that money!  The national living wage is £10.42 hour, I've just googled it!  

Hark at me, I'm on one this morning ain't I!  

And as for those cats, they're both lying asleep on the sofa now, grrr.

I wanted to watch Mamma Mia yesterday afternoon and all the different app and channels and I couldn't get it without paying for it so I watched gogglebox because I just wanted easy watching stuff.  I wanted to relax and not think yesterday so once I'd done all the things that had to be done, that's exactly what I did.  

Here's to a great day, lots of huddles to keep me busy, I really wished I hadn't had a Gousto box this week as I feel like I have to have those meals and I don't really fancy them.  I can freeze the meats if I really don't want any later. 

I'm off for another cuppa, I don't usually have breakfast on a Tuesday as it's weigh day but I might just have some and take the difference on the scales, then I can have breakfast every week now it's colder.  How ridiculous is that, I mean how heavy is eggs on toast gonna be, yeah I'll take the gain, I've woken up hungry and I want scrambled eggs. 

Also it's not just about losing weight anymore it's about having a better relationship with food, helping my body be in less pain by moving it more and getting it stronger. 

My cuppas waiting to be made, have a great day.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx












No comments: