Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 October 2023

little and often...

Tuesday 17th October 2023



My pain defined my day yesterday, I wanted to get stuff done but I didn't want to make my pain any worse than it already was, lower backs a bitch at the minute and my knee feels like someones taken a sledgehammer too it, but hey I'm breathing.   I got some house work done by doing a bit, sitting for a bit, then I decided I could do a little at the gym, in case it was not doing stuff that was making it worse, trying to find a balance, it hurts anyway so....  I did 10km (32 minutes) on the Recumbent bike as that doesn't hurt when I'm sitting on that, plus I was going with Aryn later so didn't want to do too much, but thought breaking it down might help.

Foodwise had mushrooms on toast for breakfast, made the mistake of buying these in my shop delivery, there is 490 calories in that packet! I didn't eat the packet but I picked at them, won't buy again, even if they are only £1. They're not that nice either to be honest, they're just easy to eat.


Our main meal was tasty though, another Gousto, brothy fragrant chicken thigh and spinach noodle soup, very warming, lovely broth flavour just the right amount of chilli warmth.  I could've eaten it without the noodles and with some more veggies in it like babycorns and carrots.  


We did go to the gym and I did another 1km on the rowing machine to warm up then did some exercises on the weight machines whilst Aryn did his thing.

We then went to Sainsbury's to get him some food that he would take to school, he's been skipping lunch, hopefully this will hit the spot.  I wanted mixed spice to finish a tea loaf I wanted to try and make today and they hadn't got any so I'll have to try and get some at lunchtime after the huddles as I've got a bowl full of sultanas soaking in cold tea and whisky!  I'm guessing they'd sold out because everyone's making Christmas cakes maybe?

We watched a couple of episodes of the walking dead, then I had a chat on phone with himself before having me my Monday night,7pm early night which is needed after getting up at 4.45am, slept like a baby, only waking to turn over to ease my pain before waking at 5.30 refreshed if a little stiff. 

Ooo I've just realised I only have one Gousto meal left to cook which is Honey Sesame chicken skewers with rice, so I think I'll keep that till tomorrow and we might have something simple tonight like egg and chips with baked beans or peas, I just fancy some real comfort food, it's dropped proper cold now hasn't it, we're officially in the dark, cold season.

We're talking binge eating / overeating in our huddles this week, what can be a truly serious subject that I spent some time putting together yesterday, it's deciding if it's just a very, bad habit or a serious problem - if you think yours is out of countrol this website will help advise you. The UK's Eating Disorder Charity - Beat (beateatingdisorders.org.uk)

That's too serious for 6am, so I'm going to go have my shower and get ready for my day, I'm going to nip and do another half hour at lunchtime on that bike, little and often I'm thinking.

Here's to a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx





No comments: