Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 7 October 2018

You can't buy time...


7th October 2018
Never forget yesterday, but always live for today, because you never know what tomorrow can bring or what it can take away.

I woke up yesterday pain free for a change thanks to my massage at the Chi Rooms, then when I was loading the car in the pouring rain, I slipped on the tiles in my hall, managed to not fall and felt something happen in my shoulder and all I can say is, it really hurts, I’ve had a crappy night’s sleep, had to put a pillow either side of my head to stop me moving because I woke up with my head to one side and my shoulder all seized up and hurting.  It’s just made me realise how delicate we are and how precious life is, my shoulder will be okay, it’s just a nasty pull, a few massages will sort it out I’m sure, but I could have fallen and broken something, then life would have taken a turn.  This is why it’s so very, important to live in the now, to be grateful for what we have and to be kind to others and help where we’re able to.

Doing this food bank collection and consciously trying to eat and make use of the food I already have in my cupboards is making me realise how much money I waste on food, it’s making me appreciate that I can always make a hot, delicious meal when needed.

Yesterdays hot meal used the fridge stuff, courgette, open can sweetcorn leftover from pizza, onions, the last of the half fat creme fraiche, garlic, and pasta that's been in a jar forever, probably out of date but tasted okay.  This was tasty and simple; 


We’ve not really got lots of fancy gadgets in our house, I don’t have an Alexa or a super duper sound system, we’ve got a tele and a couple of radios, the flashest thing I have is my phone, my cars 14 year old, full of dents but it works and that’ll do me.  But I have been known to splash out and spend on things, a posh watch or an expensive pair of boots and the watch mostly sits on the side because I don’t bother to wear it.  It’s all just stuff isn’t it!

The money from You’ve been framed for my video has finally been paid into my bank, £250 they’ve given me, I was going to buy myself a pair of Uggs, couldn’t bring myself to do it, £165 for footwear that won’t last any longer than the cheaper pair of boots I bought instead last Friday in the sales £32.50.  I’m thinking I wasn’t expecting that money, it was a surprise, so that can buy an awful lot of food for the food bank, I’ve probably saved half of that already not buying any extra food over the last week or so.

Everyone’s been so generous already, I’ve got an entire shelving unit full of food ready to go on the 19th, and some have put cash in the tubs, as always my members are being the awesome people they are!  I’m so lucky to get to work with such lovely, caring people, I wished I could get some of them to care for themselves as much as they care for others, but I’ll never stop trying.

I’m now going to walk my dog, he’s given up looking at me and lay down at my feet, he wants to go out bless him, he’s just stolen the cats breakfast and wants to walk it off.

The rest of my day is breakfast with my bestie, then chilling with crochet, tv and mom, we watched Wonder, a lovely, moving film, definitely worth a watch.  See you can’t buy some things and time is one of them, so today spend yours wisely xx

One of my favourite sayings is 'we don't buy things with money - we buy them with hours from our lives' spend both wisely and have a great day. 

Start your day with a good feeling by texting WWDD66 £1 to 70070, let's buy someone their breakfast!

No comments: