Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 18 October 2018

Another day....

18th October 2018
Other people matter.  And we are all other people to someone else.


They say month can’t buy you happiness but it can if we spend it on others.  I totally agree with this, I know I get an immense feeling of satisfaction when I buy something for someone else, even more so than when I buy myself something.   I read something yesterday that said don’t look for happiness within yourself but in your involvement with others, maybe that’s why I love my work so much.  We all need to cherish the people who are important to us, parents, teachers, family, colleagues and friends and realise that we are always someone else’s ‘other’. 

I love that don’t you?  Today’s coaching question is, who are the most important people in your life and how do they support you?

Are you being your own best friend? It’s no good having a great bestie if all you do when they’re not around is put yourself down!  Start treating yourself how you treat those you love and those that love you treat you.

I made Nigella’s chicken and pea tray bake yesterday that I blogged on the 14th October, it was absolutely delicious, I’d definitely make it again. I do love her food.  I’ve also got a delicious aubergine and potato curry for tea that my lovely helper Harj made for me, I wasn’t hungry last night so only tasted a bit cold but you know if it tastes good cold, it’s going to taste epic hot!  I need some plain yogurt to go with it, mix in a bit of mint sauce and I have that nice minty yogurt dip – well near enough.

I did an online shop finally, I needed green stuff, milk, eggs, all the good healthy things I can’t live without, I’m still working my way through the freezer but I can’t eat salmon every day for two weeks.  I had a pitta with shredded salad, mushrooms and a bit of bacon for breakfast yesterday, the crunchy salad was so good, I forgot how good it is.  I’m going to have a bit bowl full today I think, actually I have two frozen chicken burgers I could have in pittas, that’s lunch sorted.

I’ve just seen sliced butternut squash used as burgers, I like this idea, slice the long part into 1.5cm rounds, put some spray oil on them (nigella uses proper oil of course) but the spray will work and save points, sprinkle with a little oregano or any herb you like and roast for 20-30 minutes or until tender and browning at the edge.  You could top with 40g halloumi for 5SP or some protein cheese for 1SP and pop back in the oven for another 10 minutes, then pop then either on a burger bap or inside a pitta bread, top with a nice slice of tomato, serve with a big salad and enjoy immediately.  Now I need a butternut squash!

Right I’m off to get ready for work, busy day today, let’s get it started…



No comments: