Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 29 October 2018

Where's your attention?


29th October 2018
Wherever you are, be all there!

I’ve just watched this video on facebook, worth taking 15 minutes out of your day.


I know most of you reading this aren’t millenniums, heck I’m not but I think we all have this thing with our phones and we could all spend a little less time on them.  No official coaching card today, instead I want you to answer the question, ‘what are you missing out on whilst you’re on your mobile’, or ‘how could you use the extra time if you put your phone away?’

My iphone has started giving me a report on a Sunday of how much time I’ve spent on my phone and on each app, its eye opening!  I left the house the other morning without my phone when I went for a walk with Alfie and it was beyond weird, I usually listen to audio books and play games whilst walking or catch up on Facebook, people even comment that they never see me without it, so that’s my mission this week, to walk without looking at my phone. 

In the evening, once I’m settled with mom, I plan to put my phone on silent, nothing can’t wait till morning, yeah this week I plan to lower the usage on my phone and be present in my life.

With us having visitors over Christmas now, I started thinking about what gifts I can buy for mom and I’ve realised this morning (and last night actually) that the thing she’d value more than anything is attention and time, those things are the purest form of generosity.  Last night she said how bored she was, so today I’m going to get us a jigsaw to do together, I’m sitting there with my crochet but she only has her crosswords and you can’t do them and watch tv at the same time.  Her attention span is negligible and her memory isn’t even ten minutes, she can’t keep up with a tv programme at all now, I acknowledged that yesterday as we were watching her programmes and she had no idea what was going on at all, something that had been painted on a wall in one scene, when they went back to it ten minutes later she couldn’t recall it ever being there before.  This disease is dreadful but I can give her attention in the moment and she’ll enjoy it even if she doesn’t remember it.

I made my roast beef dinner it was delicious, got leftovers to have again today, ooo could have bubble and squeak for breakfast.

I’m taking another car load of supplies to the food bank today, once again generosity from members is outstanding, also doing well with the raffle, over £200 with the collection tubs and tea money, we have £269 to hand over – wonderful.

Right I’m off to be present in my day, I suggest you have a go at it too.

Enjoy you day BeYOUtiful, we only get so many xx

No comments: