Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 4 October 2018

I'm focusing on someone else's problems

4th October 2018
Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love.


I was a busy bee yesterday, I only cleaned my office!  Oh yeah, the work surfaces and the floor is clear and clean, it’s really nice being able to get in the room without treading on stuff, filled the bin too.  I also cooked up my mince with the spring onions, celery and tomatoes I had leftover, so that was another meal from the freezer.  I sorted through my kitchen cupboards and filled a big box with Food Bank stuff, I also had a nice chat with the lady from there, we discussed how everyone wants to help at Christmas time but they’re working to get year round support because they ran out of stuff in September – that’s just wrong, it’s wrong that anyone needs these places but for them to cupboard to be bare really is sad.

I’m going to go over on October 19th to meet her, take everything I’ve collected so far and have a look round so I can get an insight into how it all works.  Let’s help them as much as we can, I’ve even got other WW Wellness Coaches involved and they’re going to do the same with their members in their Workshops, this is just awesome.  The page for donations – please share it on your personal Facebook page is https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/donatedinner or just post a comment saying something like

Did you overeat yesterday? Nice to feel full isn't it! text: WWDD66 followed by an amount to 70070 to ensure someone else doesn't go hungry today. No one in the UK should go hungry. #WWGood I'm raising funds and collecting food for the Black Country Food Bank help me please #WWGood

Let’s do what we can.

I had soup and bread and butter for my tea, the WW tomato soup is only 1SP a can so I could afford to add 4 slices of bread for 6 with 4SP of butter, it was so good and a cheap tea (more money for shopping for FoodBank!)  I’ve donated some of moms boxes of cereals too – don’t tell her!

We had a trip to the dentist and I managed to cadge 2 boxes of toothpaste samples, they’ll be great for the foodbank, if you have a trip planned don’t be afraid to ask, use any opportunity you can.  When you focus on helping others with their problems, it takes your mind off your own.

New update on the WW app today, I’m loving the fresh new bold colours, maybe it’s the nudge I need to push me towards tracking, yes I do solemnly swear that today for one day only I will 100% track on my app, I’ll decide what I’m doing tomorrow when it happens.  One day at a time for me right now, I can’t think much further than that.
Actually I need to go check out what I’m going to eat, I took a pizza base out of the freezer yesterday so that’s one meal, but as for the other, well I’m not sure yet.  Eggs for breakfast though, they make a reliable meal.  I have a tub of low fat crème fraiche, thinking fish in a lemon and garlic sauce maybe, yeah need to defrost the sauce. 

Anyway, I also need to get through 5 WW meetings today, so I better get dressed and ready.

Here’s to a very, great day BeYOUtiful, what actions are you going to take today to help you on your wellness journey?  Remember words are powerful but actions are critical!



No comments: