Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 12 October 2018

Want - Need! Know the difference

12th October 2018
Don’t go broke trying to look rich




Yesterday wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, my voice survived and I managed to talk in my meetings after starting the day with barely a whisper.   I managed to complete a handful of kids Lego Card books, if anyone has a spare empty card book let me know, we’re looking for one for someone.

I resisted buying food again yesterday, it was not easy, especially as we were talking comforting food in the meeting and I realised I hadn’t had chicken for a bit and I was craving it.  I nipped in Co-op on my way home for bread and they had half a cooked chicken on the whoopsie, oh ma’an I put it in my basket, justifying myself because it was reduced, walked round a couple of aisles, then acknowledges it was still £2.75 and I could actually buy a whole chicken for just over £3 if I really needed one but the truth was I didn’t, I could wait to have chicken, I’m emptying my cupboards, so I went and put it back!  GO ME!  I wasn’t even that hungry because of my very big eggy breakfast, instead for my tea I had a packet of cheesy mash with frozen peas, not for everyone I know but oh it was so good, just what I needed for my poorly self.

I’m on the mend, although to listen to me cough and talk you wouldn’t believe me, but I am, I can tell. 

I think everyone should challenge themselves to stop spending month whether on food or every thing for a period of time, a day, a week, a month, however long you believe would make you appreciate your life a little more.  I have to say it’s working for me, I’m beginning to have a whole new appreciation of what I already have and I’m certainly realising I spend a lot more money that I need to!  Just think, how many of you are spending money you don’t have, on stuff you really need to impress people you don’t even like!

WANT or NEED?  It’s an easy question to ask yourself before making purchases, think of the money you could save with that one simple question.  Why bother?  How many people would like to either be able to pay their bills a little easier, spend the money they do have on something really worthwhile or maybe even work less because you can live on less.  I’m having some major reality checks over this, I really am.

The coaching card for today, which is pretty apt is;

“Think about something you want and ask yourself: ‘What will having this give me that I don’t already have?”

If I do that thinking about yesterday’s chicken moment, what would having it have given me that I didn’t already have, when it would’ve given me the taste of chicken for the time I was eating it, I could get a full belly from food I already have.  I would have enjoyed it but not more than what I ended up eating.

The Uggs I wanted would’ve given me a short term instant gratification, the boots I ended up buying which were £132.50 cheaper gave me gratification in a different way, knowing I’d saved that money made me feel good, knowing I was going to donate it to the food bank made me feel even better than knowing I’d got an expensive pair of boots.

It’s Friday, I don’t have to be at work today, I’m glad, I can rest my voice, continue with my latest crochet project, which is a surprise gift for someone, that’s filling me with so much joy and satisfaction, I can’t even you how much because I know it’ll be so appreciated and loved by the receiver.  That gives me more pleasure than buying myself stuff, giving and doing for others, the messages I had from the moms who’s kids lego books were filled, that felt better than wasting money on buying stuff I don’t need.

Here’s to a very, great day, I’m truly looking forward to the chilling, just wished we could find something decent to watch!

No comments: