Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 10 October 2018

What things do you want to stop doing?


10th October 2018
I know there are days when you feel like giving up, but I think it’s brave that you never do. (Lana Rafaela)


What things do you want to stop doing? What is getting in the way of you stopping?

Ooo that’s today’s coaching card question, interesting one that!  I’m not a big fan of thinking stopping because it seems so difficult but let’s be honest it’s all very well making it fancy and saying instead I’ll start doing ….. but the truth is there are things we all probably want to stop doing or know we’d be healthier if we did and mine is probably overeating.   I may be maintaining my weight right now but I’m well aware it really could do with being lighter.  So yeah, okay, I’ll put my hand up and admit I want to stop overeating so I can lose some weight.  What is getting in the way of me stopping? Oh well, let’s see;

I’m greedy
Food tastes really, really good
I enjoy doing it
It makes me feel calm (I was trying to think which word to use is but calm and content are probably most apt) in the moment
It’s a habit
It’s something to do
It’s a welcome distraction
I do it when I’m tired

There’s enough reasons to keep me going.   Now what is helping and it’s a process for sure, I’m not going to change in a heartbeat, is this Foodbank collection.  Because I’m eating out of my freezer and cupboards, I’ve been eating much more frugally, last night for my tea I had a tin of chicken soup no bread as I didn’t pick a loaf up on my way home because I knew if I did I’d have some and I didn’t need it.  For lunch I had leftover lentil curry soup, I’m not feeling well and soups quick and easy and it was already made.  Meals like spaghetti on toast, scrambled eggs on toast, all these are cheaper and also easier to portion control unlike a recipe which serves 4 and is easy to have a larger portion when there’s only two of you.

I’m going to consider those reasons and what I really want to stop doing, I might even print them out and stick them in the kitchen for me to remember when I go to mindlessly eat.

Now for today’s soup recipe, one of my favs,

Spicy parsnip soup  - total 40SP serves 4 (10SP each)

2tbsp olive oil (8sp) (use spray light and save these points)
2 onions, chopped
1kg parsnips, peeled & diced into 3cm cubes (25sp)
1tbsp curry paste (4sp)
1 ½ litres hot vegetable stock
100g low fat soft cheese (3sp)
freshly ground black pepper
chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish.

Heat the oil in large saucepan, add the onions and cook for 1-2m until softened.  Add parsnips & cook, covered, over low heat for 5m with the lid on, to sweat the vegetables.

Stir in curry paste and cook for a minute and then add the hot stock.  Cover and simmer for 20-25m until parsnips are soft.

Add ¾ of the low fat soft cheese to the soup and blend until smooth.  Season to taste & serve with remaining soft cheese stirred into soup, garnish with fresh parsley.


10SP is a lot for a bowl of soup isn’t it, even if you replace the oil with spray light it’s 8SP a portion, explains why I don’t really eat it that often!

Anyway, I’m off to walk Alfie, hoping the fresh air will do me good, and this glass of vitamin C I’m drinking, you’ve got to love the lurgy, my voice is almost gone, that’ll be fun in meetings tonight!

Have a very, great day BeYOUtiful, think about the coaching question at the start of this blog and then think about how to get round that problem, that’s my plan.  

No comments: