Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Don't knock my door!


31st October 2018
Do the one thing you think you cannot do.  Fail at it.  Try again. Do better the second time.  The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.  This is your moment – own it!


Well yesterday was mostly about stew food wise, I’m still not tracking or pointing but I’m getting better, I need to do a healthy supermarket shop and get tracking, I’ll get there, there’s not a switch you can just click. 

I was deeply moved by one of my members yesterday, she handed me a card and my first reaction was ‘this better not be a Christmas card!’  It wasn’t inside it said;

“Dear Bev
Last week, when you were talking about the food bank, it occurred to me that I have never known a hungry day in my life (not really hungry!) or had ever gone to the cupboard and found it bare!  So this week we haven’t done any food shopping but lived out of the fridge, freezer and cupboards.  Please find enclosed our ‘Food Shop Money’ for the Food Bank Appeal.”

I was overwhelmed to count £100 in that envelope, which is amazingly generous and takes our total to just shy of a grand which I’m sure we’ll hit by the end of the week, that’s just an incredible boost to the Black Country Food Bank which runs solely on charitable donations.  The generosity of my members and people who know me has been unbelievable in less than a month, whether you’ve donated a carton of milk or a tenner, we’re so grateful and thankful to you all.  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/donatedinner

In other news, I finished my latest crochet blanket, it’s a lovely blush pink and grey colour, measures about 100x134cm, I have no idea what I’m going to do with it, a house only needs so many blankets!  It’s taken me about 3 weeks to do, I reckon at least 40 hours, which shows how much time I spend sitting with mom watching tv!

There’s a lovely sunrise going on out there, I need it to be 7am, we have run out of milk, managed one mug of tea each, if we have another it’s either coffee mate or borrowing a carton of semi-skimmed from the food bank lol, I’ll wait till 7, I only drink skimmed.

Today’s coaching card asks, “What must you have in your life to make you feel complete, fulfilled and happy?”

Interesting, my first thought was delicious food!  But that’s not true, well it is but there’s more important things.  I need peace and people and laughter, not necessarily in that order, there was not thought in that response, those were the first three things that came to mind – after food anyway.  I like things in my life to be calm, I’m happiest when I’m not worrying or stressing about things, even when there are stressful things going on, I’m happiest when I take it all in my stride.  I love to spend time alone in peace and quiet but I also love to be around the people I love and enjoy the company of, we’re social creatures after all.   Then there’s laughter, there is nothing I like more than laughing, making someone else laugh and forget their troubles if only for a short while truly is one of the most fulfilling things for me, in my work I see people struggling to cope with the stresses of life and if I can make them forget that for a little while and take some time out, I’m completely happy.

Right I’m going to sit and watch the rest of this glorious sunrise, here’s to a great day and if you’re doing the Halloween thing tonight – don’t knock my door!








No comments: