Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 26 October 2018

I'm not the Ark!

26th October 2018
It’s okay to do things at your own pace.

It appears the struggle is real, it isn’t just me that’s having a tough time with wanting to lose weight but not actually having the inclination to do anything that’s required to get the results I want!  Yesterday I had so many comments on my blog, members sharing the struggle, agreeing that we need to do something, so that’s what we’re going to do. 

We don’t have to enjoy it!  It doesn’t have to be easy! We do need to get on and start, if we wait for the time to be right, it’s never a good time to start something that feels wrong,

We don’t have to be comfortable initially doing it, we’re going to force ourselves.  There are plenty things we force ourselves to do day in, day out such as washing up, get up the dog mess, ironing, cleaning the toilet!  We all have our own things we don’t enjoy doing but that has to be done and we just get on and do them.  This week, sticking to plan is one of those things, it’s easier not to bother but it’s important that we do.  We all want to feel better.  I want to be the best version of myself and I’m not right now.

When I started making my breakfast yesterday morning, I was going to have 2 slices of toast, 2 eggs, tomatoes, then I had the realisation I’m not the ARK, everything doesn’t have to go in 2 by 2!  I don’t have to have 2 eggs just before they’re free – would I have had 2 eggs back in the days they were pointed?  I’m not saying don’t have two eggs, I’m just saying, think before you throw two of everything on your plate, there’s a power in 1.

Yesterday wasn’t perfect but it was so much better, I had egg, turkey rasher and tomato on a slice of toast for breakfast, lunch was leftover fish pie with garden peas and then for tea I’d got a ball of buffalo mozzarella (15SP) with sliced tomatoes and 4 krackerwheat (5SP) and 3 Hovis Digestive biscuits (7SP) – yes I know that meal was more than my daily allowance but had I not have made the conscious decision yesterday to get a grip that plate would’ve also had a load of other cheese on, some chutney, a glass of orange juice, possibly more crackers and a bag of cheese and onion crisps. 

Now on the morning mom and I had a good chat, we both weighed and she agreed that losing some weight would help her. By lunchtime that seemed to have been forgotten because she spent the rest of the day trying to offer me jam dodgers and cheese and onion crisps that my brother had bought her.  I resisted, but can I had they are two things I really, really like!

MAKING MYSELF DO THIS CRAP!

Today’s coaching question is;
“Think of something you are having difficulty moving forward.  Imagine what you would tell someone else to do in the same circumstances.”

Well that’s easy isn’t it, I can make that weight loss and diet related here no problem at all!  What I would tell someone else to do in the same circumstances would very much depend on the person and their circumstances but ultimately it would boil down to the same thing which is much like what I’ve said above.  Ultimately if it’s important to us, we’ll find a way, if it isn’t, we’ll find an excuse. 

Now all I need to do is remind myself each and every day how important it really is to me and not to go into ‘oh I don’t care, sod it, I’ll just buy a bigger size’.  I don’t want to feel unhealthy – I want my bounce back, I want to be the best version of me again.

What does that look like today?  What do I need to do? When I’ve finished this blog, I need to go check my fridge and cupboards and decide what’s on the menu today.  I got a massage this morning (first for 2 weeks, so looking forward to it) so I don’t want to get home all chilled out and not wanting to cook, I need to be prepared.

What have you got to do today to make sure you stay focused on the end goal?

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, whether we like it or not – we’re all over this!

No comments: