Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 August 2017

Who knew - BBQ - something new!



31st August 2017
You can’t go back and change your beginning, but you can start where you are and change your ending.

Very short one today, extremely busy day, 6 meetings, 5 with my members, one with a colleague, it’s all good, I’ve certainly not got time to be bored.

Yesterday’s food wasn’t too bad, although a bag of cheese and onion crisps dived into my lap about 9pm!  Breakfast was scrambled egg sandwich, lunch was delicious if I do say so myself, my plans were to have salmon but it hadn’t defrosted, I realised I had some chicken breast in the fridge so grabbed a couple of them, found some Weight Watchers Smoky BBQ sauce in my pantry so poured that on the chicken, roasted in the oven and had it with chips and coleslaw, so good, so easy, half hour of leave it to cook in oven whilst I got one with something else.  Those marinades/sauces are great for zero points and microwave chips are my future, I won’t ever cook chips from scratch again I don’t think, as they are perfectly portion controlled and only 5sp.  I never knew I liked BBQ, so something else new to add to my menu.

Then for my tea I did have the salmon on a salad as I wasn’t really hungry, yet the bag of crisps still made its way into my mouth, why oh why did I waste 4sp.


Member success last night was great, Wayne showed me his medal for cycling, I was so proud and pleased for him, that had been his goal as he was losing weight to compete in that race and he came away with a medal, he’s also over 100lb lighter which also deserves a medal.  Next our Stacey got her stone proving persistence pays off, let’s just say it’s taken a while, she’s never given in though, enjoying the journey and sticking with it, that’s truly impressive.   Tracey also got her 25lb certificate, proving that no matter what’s going on in your life, if you make yourself a priority as well as others, you can succeed.  Self care is essential!

Of course not everyone lost, it was a Bank Holiday after all and a particularly sunny one which usually ends up with some of us over indulging and enjoying it a little too much maybe.

This week’s week 1 of my 8 week challenge, I know some of you are joining me, today’s day 3 or should I use Sept 1st as day 1, you know what it doesn’t matter, as long as we’re doing it to the best of our ability, the weight loss will come, people will notice, we’ll feel the difference and our world will benefit. 

I plan to have a great day, I’m going to go and make a sandwich and put it in my funky WW lunch box, use my cool snack pots for my bit of fruit and take them with me to work in case my meeting so I can grab a sarnie inbetween my meetings at lunchtime.  I’ll take a piccy and post it later!

Here’s to a cracking good day, focus on the 24 hours in front of you and those 8 weeks will fly by BeYOUtiful.

We got this…


No comments: