Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 7 August 2017

Who are you?



7th August 2017
Don’t forget to wear your invisible crown!

A very busy day ahead for me, been awake a very long time too, thankfully I was in bed before 9 so I’ve had 5 hours sleep.  On a positive notice, I’ve lost 1.5lb this week and I’m in that next stone bracket, really pleased with that especially with not having a kitchen, yesterday’s breakfast was microwave scrambled eggs and mushrooms on a sub thin and dinner was microwave salmon and grains, we’re surviving.  The walls are being plastered today, it’s all coming together – YAY!

August is all about awareness, you’ve got to become aware of your behaviour in order to change it.  I’m hoping my members have took that on board when we talked about it in the meetings last week, I also hope they’ve been completing those paper trackers so we have something to discuss in this week’s meeting.

To successfully make changes whether it’s to our eating habits or ourselves in other ways we need to first understand who we are, then we need to accept who we’ve been.  Once we’ve done this we can start to work towards who we want to be and remembering that takes time. 

Remember to focus on what you want to be rather than what you do not want to be and remember when you’re trying to work out who you are, to look at the things that matter, here’s a wonderful poem that I’ve just found that says it all really.  

Not – By Erin Hanson

You are not your age, nor the size of clothes you wear,
You are not your weight, or the colour of your hair.
You are not your name, or the dimples on your cheeks,
You are all the books you read, and all the words you speak.
You are your croaky morning voice, and the smiles you try to hide,
You’re the sweetness in your laughter, and every tear you’ve cried.
You’re the songs you sing so loudly, when you know you’re all alone,
You’re the places that you’ve been to, and the one that you call your home.
You’re the things that you believe in, and the people that you love,
You’re the photos in your bedroom, and the future you dream of.
You’re made of so much beauty, but it seems that you forgot…
When you decided that you were defined, by all the things you’re not.

I love that so much, a smile moment for me already this morning.

I’m off for a training thing today so need to get organised, going over the shop as soon as it opens, to get mom something to leave for her lunch, I’ll need something myself, so maybe we’ll have sandwiches for quickness, I think I’ll buy them for convenience just this once, it’ll save me a bit of time and hassle too, we’ll see how I feel in a few hours. 

Until then I’ll go make me a cuppa and enjoy an hour’s piece before I get going.  Have a great day BeYOUtiful and remember what you are!

No comments: