Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Who's up for building a fort in the living room?

20th March 2013
We gain strength, and courage and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot.
Tuesdays a busy day for me so I didn’t do much else yesterday other than work so it’s a good job I enjoy that bit, 160lb lost by my members yesterday, quite a few 5%, a couple of 10% and a whooping 50lb certificate, great to share and be a part of such success.  We also ate chocolate, so don’t miss your meeting this week as I’m showing you how to enjoy it to its best! 
I haven’t been paying attention, tracking nor planning my meals this week either so that needs to change, as that’s when I start grabbing any old stuff, although last night I did enjoy a tin of Heinz Chicken soup, can’t remember the last time I had that, the 3 slices of WW bread and spread didn’t make it a perfectly healthy meal but it did make it taste good. 
I have some pitta breads left so I’m thinking scrambled egg and pitta for brekkie, I’ve defrosted liver so gonna have that with mash and veggies for main meal, I know not everyone likes liver but it is packed with B Vitamins including Vitamin B12 and Iron and I need some of that in my life right now.  Then I need to decide on tea, I don’t want to go shopping so it’s a freezer meal I think, there’s plenty in there that needs using up, or there’s always a fish finger wrap, mmm forgot to get tartare sauce again!
I’ve found a nice recipe I might try at the weekend, although I will tweak it I think, I’ve never had a can of cream style corn and I really don’t like the idea of it, so normal corn will do, it’s also a F&H recipe so maybe I’ll be doing F&H that day!
Alfie has taken to waking me up at 1am to go up the garden, I’m not sure what that’s all about, I think it might be that someone comes home on the street and he hears them (I thought it was because he needed the toilet), so last night I shut the curtains to see if that made a difference, it did, he woke me up at 2.30am instead, but I ignored him and he eventually got back on the bed so he didn’t need to loo, and I’m thinking it’s foxes walking up and down the street that are getting his attention. 
Mmm this recipe looks good if only I had the glaze, another time http://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/l/lamb_s_liver_with_caramelised_onions.html, Instead I’ll make something similar up in my kitchen, I’ll get creative, although I know it’ll turn out as liver and onions ;-)
Anyway I’m avoiding a subject, so here goes head on – this last few days I’ve been proper grumpy, it all started last Friday and escalated over the weekend and it’s too me till now to talk myself out of it!  So what caused it – WHO CARES, I’m more concerned with getting rid of it.  Its certainly not helping that our spring is more grey and overcast than sunny and full of daffodils and that every time the sun tries to show its beautiful face the rain clouds dance on its head but there were other contributing factors I’m guessing too, well actually I know some and aren’t sure of others.   The one thing I do know is I HATE being in a grumpy mood and I will try to do anything to get myself out of it!  So how do you turn your moods around, how do you turn that frown upside down (gosh I could slap someone who says that to me when I’ve got one on me!)
These are some of the things I did over the last few days to change my mood;
I try to get out in the great outdoors which is what we did Monday and it helped enormously, spending time outdoors makes me appreciate I’m only a tiny spec on the universe and I’m actually quite insignificant so I may as well enjoy life.  
I also try to find things to make me laugh so mom and I have been watching Friends and I’m actually contemplating buying the box set as an emergency back up for the future. 
I’ve just seen this photo which bought back lots of good childhood memories of building forts in the living room (maybe I’ll do that next time I have the grumps!) 

I also spent some time reminiscing, looking at last years photos I’d taken and starting to actually try and get some sort of order to them, no point taking all those photos if I’m not going to do anything with them, and they remind me of all the fun I’ve had. Facebook is great for this because it stores everything for you and then they’re right there at your fingertips wherever you are with your phone. 
I indulged in some scrumptious food – yeah comfort eating always has its place, as long as it’s not something you do every day constantly then its ok to do occasionally, I love a big mac and this weekend it made me smile a little.
I treated myself to bubbles and took a long bath and read my book whilst mom took Alfie out – bliss, peace and quiet.
I planned a future event to give me something to look forward to - it doesn’t have to be anything expensive, just something you know you’ll enjoy.  We’re going to be ticking the last ‘to do’ off my bucket list, a tandem ride ;-)
I created a new play list on my ipod for in the kitchen, it’s a combination of all my favs and all moms favs, we share a lot of the same likings for tunes, so we now have a ‘Kitchen Tunes’ playlist that’s 1574 songs long and will play continuously for 4.1 days.
Guess what, this morning I’ve woke up and my grumps have gone, they’d actually started to go yesterday morning and I think by last night they were hanging on by the skin of their teeth, but this morning they’re nowhere in sight. 
So today I’m smiling despite the grey clouds, my ‘sod it’ mood has gone and my ‘let’s do it’ has returned. 
Hope you’re feeling good and if you’re not think what you go do to turn it around, to rid yourself of the gloom – there’s always something, because life really is too short to feel that way!
Have a BeYouTiful positive happy day. Eat, Be & Live Gorgeous and enjoy the now, because the longer you wait for the future – the shorter it will be!
 
My Alfie seems to have the answer - run, and have fun!

No comments: