Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 March 2013

The 'Sod it' show is over!

28th March 2013

It’s not the future that you’re afraid of.  It’s repeating the past that makes you anxious!

Good morning, and am I ready to start my Thursday or what!  It may take a couple of mugs of coffee to get me in normal Happy Owl mode ;-)

So yesterday I had a lovely chat with my boss which made me feel better about my decision and then later in the day feeling much better about everything I had a text conversation with my bestie.  It felt a little be like a scene from ‘Groundhog Day’, we’ve had similar chats so many times about our weight and losing it that when we started the conversation I thought to myself ‘here we go again!’, then I remembered all the members I’ve met – myself and my mom included that have tried to lose weight numerous times and then suddenly it clicked and they did it!  So that’s how I’m feeling this morning, I’m doing it and as Confucious say, “It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop.” Well I’m not stopping until I get there, I can keep saying “the snow made me eat it”, or “I’m too busy and stressed right now to focus”, or I can get on it like a car bonnet and stop with the excuses!

Today is weigh day and I’m back on it, chocolate has all gone and I’m refocusing, I been playing the lead role in my very own production of the ‘sod it show’ for a fortnight now but the parts got TOO BIG for me and it’s time to move on!  It’s time to start writing a new role, I’m thinking a healthy, happy, balanced lead who spends her days walking her dog, cooking nice tasty low ProPointed food, working her fab job, enjoying taking her mom out for day trips, having giggly get-togethers with her besties, and I’d like to throw in a cleaner but I think that’s not gonna happen!

Yeah it’s time to stop messing about and take back control, I have a stone to lose and I’d like to get it off before we go away in June (there’s another scene from Groundhog Day, I’m sure if you do a search you’ll find that sentence elsewhere in this blog).  Should knowing I’ve said it before stop me from keep saying it till it happens?  HELL NO!  When I got to goal in 2004, I’d been starting a diet every week from January till March when I eventually got my act together and joined Weight Watchers, I got to my goal in the August of that year.

I’ve just spent ten minute sorting my food cupboard, my fridge and freezer is almost empty so I’m off to fill it full of healthiness tomorrow, good time as pay day was Monday so I can actually afford to this week.  Haven’t decided on what I’m eating today, but will have a look and think when I got make my next cuppa as this happy owl needs more caffeine this morning.

I’m already BeYouTiful but I’m about to get back to Eating Gorgeous and taking care of me again, how you doing in that area?
 

 

No comments: