Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 March 2013

Reflective rambling this morning!

18th March 2013
Don’t think too much, you’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place!
 
Woke up feeling positive this morning and ready to face the week, I’ve got a busy couple of weeks ahead but nothing I can’t handle.  My life has changed quite a bit over the last twelve months and I’ve had to make a few changes, all of which I’m ok with, some of which just take a little adjusting too.  I’ve been in quite a reflective mood this weekend, think it’s helped, every now and again we all need to look at our lives and see if everything’s working and good, if it isn’t we need to decide what needs to happen to make it good.  I just need something to get my teeth stuck into, I’m getting a little stagnant, it’s all work and no play at the moment and that’s not like me, so need to get ‘doing’, and it doesn’t matter what it is as long as I enjoy it.
Yesterday I had a nice few hours going through our Christmas photos and uploading some onto Facebook, it made me realise how much I enjoy photography even though as hard as I try I don’t understand any of the theory behind it nor what all the buttons on my camera do, I just aim and shoot which is why I shall be treating myself to a new super dooper compact camera when it comes out in April, I’ll never properly get my head round this posh SLR camera I have, it frustrates me and I end up having it set to ‘auto’ anyway, plus it takes too much space up in my bag.  Yes photography is something I can do without having to be away at weekends, and it’s something I can do with mom and Alfie tagging along, it’s also something I really enjoy and I’m quite good at, I took some cracking pictures of my great niece on Saturday morning and that was with my iphone!
Last night I set mom up her own Facebook page, I’m trying to get her on the internet make her one of the many silver surfers, so far she’s having none of it but I will not give in, search for her and add “Hilary Longsden” for now I will be her PA and do her posting for her, she can dictate them to me, that’s easy enough.  I think Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with people and the outside world, heck who knows she may learn to embrace it and she’ll be on Twitter before you know it!  She had 30 friends request her within the first hour, not bad for an old bird ;-), if I was to post some of the things that come out of her mouth – oh my word, she’d be locked up.
So what does today hold, well firstly work, I have lots of it to do today, then I might cook up a spaghetti dish, got to admit I’ve become a bit of a fan of the old pasta the last couple of weeks, I have some delicious cherry tomatoes in the fridge, so a nice light dish.  I also bought a tub of quark the other week and never did anything with it, I think it was sell by date yesterday (please remind me never to buy it again – I’ve done that so many times!)
I do love to cook, I was looking at workshops and courses but oh my they’re not cheap at all!  So maybe I should pick one fancy recipe a week and buy the ingredients to try that out at the weekend, mmm yeah I like that idea, that way we’re getting to eat too and my kitchens pretty well equipped and I have loads of cook books.
Thinking out loud this morning as you’ve probably gathered, just processing all my thoughts as I type!  Please feel free to leave the blog right now, it could get worse!
Mmm think I’ll just finish off instead, I do have a super busy couple of work weeks ahead of me so I shall get started on them, it’s lightening up outside, I think we’ve had another frost, really would love some sunshine and warm weather, I shall hang in there waiting.
So have a FabYouLous day, BeYouTiful & Live Gorgeous, I’m doing my best to – are you? ;-)
Oh I almost forgot about this photo, how fabulous do this mannequins look!  Isn't it great to see real looking models, I know more women that look like that than the other type!  Great article about it here - http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/swedish-mannequins-cause-a-controversy--192108535.html
 
 
 
 

No comments: