Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 3 March 2013

Love the skin you're in, but don't abuse it!

3rd March 2013
Everything was impossible until someone did it!

Well I’ve had a lovely weekend so far and I now have my dining table and a couple of chairs too, we’ve got rid of two big armchairs that weren’t really used and replaced now the room looks bigger and we have a dining table to eat at and two armchairs to chill in, plus a rocking chair and a bucket chair – WOW not bad for a room that’s only about 3x4m really and it feels calm now too, just need to keep it tidy!  My mom does make me laugh though, the table and chairs are what they’re calling ‘shabby chic’ so after I’d put the table in the room she said “It’s a shame about these marks on the top”, mmm it’s supposed to look like that J.  Then when we fetched the chairs from over Ironbridge and got back she said, “We won’t bother touching them up I quite like these scratches where you can see the wood underneath”, mmm that’s how they’ve been made to look.  Love my mom I do, everyday should be Mothers Day not just next Sunday!
 
Speaking of which don’t forget to tell them if you don’t want chocolate, flowers are a nice option or if they can afford then get them to treat you to a massage or having your nails done at the Chi Rooms where I go, it’s fabulous.
So what to do today?  I think it may involve some time sitting up my nice new table reading the papers and my book.  I haven’t shopped for a week, the cupboards are strangely still amply full just not of the fresh variety, so I will write me a shopping list today, I’m fancying a few days full of Filling & Healthy foods, my eating habits have been a bit haphazard this week so it’s time to bring them back in line, as my mate said Friday, “there’s loving the skin you’re in but then there’s taking the pi**” yep she has a point, a little of what you fancy or a bit of junk foods ok but too much isn’t good, I start to feel it after a bit.  Weirdly enough ‘bread’ comes under my ‘fast food’ banner because for me that’s how I eat it, I just grab at it and have too much and have it instead of other things so it doesn’t help me eat healthy at all!  So yesterday consisted of a chicken & crispy bacon crusty bread roll for breakfast, exactly the same thing for lunch and we had a cheese and spring onion omelette for tea.  The only fruit or vegetable there was the spring onion – that’s not a good balance!
So yes, list writing and meal planning today, shopping in the morning, then clean, healthy eating for the rest of the week!
Had my hair done yesterday, love going because I get to read all the expensive magazines whilst I’m there, £4 for a mag what’s that all about, I only paid £10 for the rocking chair I bought on Friday!  So a couple of bits of info I read that I thought I’d share were;
In one magazine the psychologist said people are afraid of taking a risk, but we must not fear ‘fear’, anxiety can be destructive, so we also need to learn to develop effective strategies to beat it.  Take time to look at the balance in your life and set yourself goals that are fun and challenging.  We only have one life, so let’s really live it!  They have a point don’t they?  What are you putting off because you’re scared you might fail maybe?
Another bit I read was about skipping meals, according to this article if you regularly missed a meal to save calories, you could be sabotaging your weight-loss efforts.  Skipping a meal means your brain is then primed to seek out fatty, higher-calorie foods.  Scientists had scanned the brains of 21 volunteers while they looked at pictures of different foods, such as chocolate and vegetables.  Those who had missed breakfast showed more activity in the region of the brain associated with ‘food appeal’, and said they found the high-calorie foods more tempting.  They also went on to eat about 250 more calories for lunch than those who had eaten breakfast.  It is thought that when we skip meals our gut releases hormones that act on this particular region of the brain, priming it to steer our thoughts towards high-calorie treats.  The best breakfast options are egg or porridge – both have excellent satiating qualities, helping you to avoid the temptations of calorie-laden treats later in the day.
Interesting isn’t it, I think I was reading Good Housekeeping but I could be wrong.  I know when I eat a substantial breakfast I don’t really think about food again for a good while, that breakfast I had yesterday kept me going till 3ish.
Mmm, I was thinking omelette for brekkie but I don’t have any eggs, so maybe beans on toast today, what you gonna have?
Here’s to a chilled out Sunday, hoping the sun shines again.
Take a few moments for yourself today xx

No comments: