Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 March 2013

Food glorious food, I'm happy to try some...

8th March 2012
 
NEVER look down on anyone unless you’re helping them up!
 
Well I’ve only just surfaced, I was tired, having a full on weekend last weekend, not stopping to chill out had all caught up with me and I will definitely be relaxing this weekend.  Having a good time with my bestie last Friday helped with my 1.5lb weight gain.  Hey ho, I’ve been focused since Monday and I’m enjoying trying Filling & Healthy meals so we shall see if it works for me next Thursday, it has in the past so I’m hopeful. 
 
Okay so this filling and healthy thing for those that didn’t stay to the meeting, read this weeks copy of your week – it’s great!  Also read your green copy of a more relaxed approach.  If you’re reading this and you’re not a Weight Watcher meeting member – why not – are you mad ;) we have a fab time every week, it’s our social outing as well as our weight loss group, I just love going to work.
 
How does it work then?  On a filling and healthy day you only eat foods highlighted in your programme material or on your app / weight watchers esource, and you eat until your satisfied not overfull (it isn’t an all you can eat buffet!), and if you don’t know when you’re satisfied – you do know what a plate of food SHOULD look like!
 
Here’s a Weight Watchers suggested example of a day would be;
 
½ pint (284ml) skimmed milk for drinks
 
Cooked breakfast
Bacon medallions, grilled
Egg, poached
Mushrooms, sautéed in 1 tsp healthy oil
Tomatoes, grilled
Baked beans
Calorie controlled bread, toasted
 
Lunch
Tuna rice salad
Brown rice, cooked
Red onion
Spinach
Peas or broad beans
Yellow pepper
Tuna in brine or spring water, drained
Fresh coriander
1 tsp healthy oil
 
Combine the rice, red onion, spinach, peas or broad beans & pepper with some salt & pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Top with the tuna and coriander, drizzle with the healthy oil.
 
Pear
 
Dinner
Homemade burger & wedges
Extra lean beef mince
Onion, red chilli, fresh herbs
1 tsp healthy oil
Potato
Mixed salad
Combine the mince, onion, chilli and fresh herbs and shape into a burger. Grill in the oven. Cut the potato into wedges, toss in the tsp of healthy oil and season. Bake
until cooked and serve with the burger and a side salad.
 
Grapes
 
 
 
There are lots more to be found on esource and I’ll continue to blog my meals this week so you can see anything new I try, yesterday I had a quick breakfast of beans on crumpets.  For lunch I made a delicious rump steak, mash and veggies, it was really tasty and I was so satisfied for the rest of the day when I fetched the Indian takeaway I’d promised my sister for her tea, I really wasn’t fussed so I had a tablespoon on my balti, a tablespoon of my cauli bhajee, a tablespoon on my spinach bhajee and a poppodum and I was full to the brim.  Yes I likes filling and healthy, I haven’t thought about food all week.  I did eat a tray of chopped fruit yesterday too that a member had treated me too.
 
My only problem yesterday was the size of my stomach!  It was like a hard rugby ball, I’m not sure if that was because of the fact I’ve been eating food I don’t usually, such as pitta bread, brown pasta, fruit and my body isn’t used to it or what?  It’s not so bad this morning so we shall see.
 
Totally unbusy weekend for me, I’m chilling, I’m smiling this morning because I’ve just got my hands on two front row tickets to see Jimmy Carr and also tickets for a day thing in Derby to see Ian D Montfort amongst other comics, I love what I’ve seen of Ian so far, he’s been on Radio 2, he’s a physic comedian and he’s very good!
 
Anyways enjoy your day, I plan to, just a few hours of work then a chill out for me.

No comments: