Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 30 March 2013

Chilled out this morning...

30th March 2013
Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change. Wayne W. Dyer
Well my boozy night with my bestie went well; we had a 14pp tea courtesy of waitrose – butterflied pork leg with a honey-roasted parsnip crust and sage butter, served with potato rosti, mellow & creamy cabbage & bacon, roast courgette and pepper.  Now doesn’t that sound the business, if I’d just said we had pork, potato and veggies you wouldn’t have been so impressed would you and this is how they get you to buy the nice foods by describing them in such ways on packaging and menu’s in restaurants!   Don’t be fooled, the most important place to look on food packaging is the nutritional label, I also look at ingredients and price but that’s your choice.  The meal worked out at a tenner for 3 of us which I didn’t think was bad and it was delicious.  I consumed a little more alcohol than planned but when my bestie wakes I will find out how much of that bottle I drank and tot up my tracker, at the moment it’s looking like more than 50 and less than 60pp which ain’t bad really, we did munch on carrot sticks & a 2pp tub of hummous after drinking – you’ve got to be impressed with that!
I’m surprisingly fresh to say I drank Prosecco and vodka and I plan to stay on track all over Easter, I’ve not bought loads of booze so once my couple of bottles of red have gone there will be no more until I shop again next weekend, if it’s not in the house, I can’t overindulge.  My kitchen freezer is full of frozen vegetables and a couple of quality ready meals, and my fridge is also full of good healthy stuff too so no excuses this week at all.  I was really surprised at how good on ProPoints some of the meals were in Waitrose and yes I know it’s not the cheapest shop in the world but by buying their  ready meals I actually haven’t spent as much as I would in Sainsbury’s buying all the ingredients to cook, it helps that there’s two of us too.  Their Indian meal deal was £10 for two mains, 1 rice and two sides, we will eat the Aloo Gobi sides as another main, the Lamb rogan josh was 12pp for the tray and the rice was 7pp for half.  I bought some fresh stuffed ravioli which was on offer 2 for £4; they work out at 5 & 6pp for half the packet, that’s really good!
So I won’t have to rush to cook which means I’m going to have plenty of time to walk Alfie and I also plan on doing some more scrapbooking this weekend to keep me occupied, and I may finish my book which is a silly chick thing but I need to finish it now because I have one that’s being realised next week that I want to start.
 Short one today as there’s actually not much in my head this morning, I’m sat here daydreaming so I shall go walk Alfie instead.
Enjoy Easter remember to Eat Gorgeous xx

No comments: