Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 12 January 2013

Yakety yak - don't eat that!

12th January 2013
To err is human, but when the eraser wears out ahead of the pencil, you're overdoing it. Josh Jenkins
 
My poor Alfie, he’s not impressed and you can’t make em keep them damn collars on permanently, they’re awful.  So at the moment he’s sporting a pair of my Sloggi pants until I can get a babygro which apparently the next best thing which will hopefully stop him trying to lick and bite the wound.
Filling & Healthy day two done and enjoyed, had ham and beans on WW toast for brekkie, then for lunch I really enjoyed trout, broccoli, cauliflower and brown basmati rice. 
 
I put a chicken casserole into cook but when I got back from vets the oven had turned itself off and so it wasn’t cooked, that’ll be lunch today then.  So my tea ended up being tuna & mayo sandwiches and I only had to pp the mayo and my wine on the night.  Felt much more in control of my eating yesterday I wasn’t really thinking about food and the only time I snacked was a few slices of ham and a bit of cooked beef as I tried to tempt Alfie on night.
My cupboards and fridge are now full and F&H friendly so I’m looking forward to the week ahead and have lots of yummy food planned.
 
Right ProPointing a whole chicken is something I’ve meant to do a few times and never got round to it, well yesterday I did, it was a 1.35kg chicken from Sainsbury’s they’re on offer in the 3 for £10 deal at the moment. Anyway, I skimmed and quartered it and removed the wings too. When weighed on my scales the chicken breast quarters were 7pp each and the leg quarter weighed 5pp each. Then this is the interesting bit, I cooked the skin and wings and bits for the creatures and when I’d do it I weighed the cooked skin and wings and poured the fat into a measuring glass. Four tablespoons of oil had come out of that skin, that’s 15pp! The skins and wings etc that I weighed on the ProPoint scales as chicken skin weighed 250g which said 35pp! Now obviously some of that on the scale was bone but even if you halved it to account for the bone that’s still 17pp! Therefore if you leave your skin on your chicken when you cook it and eat the wings, you’re adding approximately 32pp to the entire meal, and it will all be in there if it’s a casserole! That’s scary stuff isn’t it! The good news though by skinning and removing those wings, a 1.35kg chicken is only 24pp, 7 each breast and 5 each leg, that’s pretty good.
I have a feeling it’s going to be a long weekend with Alfie trying to lick and mom stressing over it, she’s a real worrier but hey it’ll be Monday before we know it! 
I might do stuffed peppers with wholemeal couscous and veggies today if I have any couscous that is, if not i'll use rice, I think that would be really tasty and as I’m going to be home all weekend I may as well be useful.  Yes today I shall mostly be a domestic goddess I think!  Whatever you have planned enjoy it. x
 

No comments: