Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 13 January 2013

I'll take people over possessions always...


13th January 2013
Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it. Cullen Hightower

Yesterday my friend lost her family home through a house fire, thankfully no one was hurt and they all got out in time.  It could have been so much worse, the fire men said ten minutes more and they wouldn't have, also the fire started in her bedroom but luckily she was out otherwise…. just doesn't bare thinking about.  Apparently started by an ember in the chimney, so if you have coal fire, go get it swept, and please everyone – GO CHECK YOUR SMOKE ALARMS!  If you don’t have a working smoke alarm, you’re more than four times as likely to die in a fire. For peace of mind, you really should ‘push the button’ and test your smoke alarms regularly.

Do it today, don’t put it off, maybe even consider having some more fitted, I only have one at the bottom and top of my staircase, I need to find out if that’s enough.  Our house is quite small but in larger houses I’m guessing you need more.  For more information in the West Midlands area on home safety checks offered by West Midlands Fire Service, visit www.wmfs.net or call 0800 389 5525 free of charge.  I’m sure most areas have a similar service.

I don’t even want to imagine what could have happened, the people in my life are so precious to me and therefore of course so are their families, I've never been as worried as I was yesterday morning waiting to find out if they were all okay.  It’s devastating that they've lost their home and everything in it, I’m just glad everyone got out alive.

All that kind of puts life into perspective doesn’t it, the fact we’ve gained a few pounds over Christmas really isn’t the end of the world and it is something we can sort out by making a few changes to our lives.  If they’re small changes we won’t be quite so aware of the fact we’re making them so.  Weight Watchers talk about places and routines in the new approach and it’s true they do make a massive difference and have a huge effect on our lives.  Routines are simple, easy tasks that will help you take the guesswork out of healthy choices.  We look at different ones each week in the meeting, so one example would be if you grab your water bottle without thinking in the morning, and get into the habit of finishing it every day, that's a routine that works you. If you have the same low ProPoints value breakfast every day, and you don't even have to worry about what to eat, that's a routine that works for you.  There’s even a Routines tool on the Weight Watchers esource to help you check your progress each day.  There’s a tool for the places too, to help you look at those, kitchen, living room, when out shopping etc.  If you have time go and have a play, it’ll help.
We looked at meal planning in the meeting this week and the importance of making lists and thinking about what you will be eating.  I did all this I got my little book, thought about what meals I could make with F&H, wrote a list of meals I enjoy eating, made a list of foods I enjoy eating.  Then because I was rushed on Friday, taking Alfie to the vets, then me and Lynne went to down to spend M&S gift vouchers, by the time we’d finished I had an hour before having to phone about collecting him so we dashed into Sainsbury’s and stupid me didn't get my list out nor think about what meals I was going to actually eat on which days and just put food in the trolley!  Luckily it is all F&H food because I had already thought about that and knew what I could have, I just have too much of it now so will have to try and freeze some.  This is why I need to plan my meals because I don’t want waste, I need to realise a chicken casserole makes four individual meals not one, and if mom doesn't want to eat it, I have to eat it four times and therefore need room in the freezer to put a couple of portions!  It’s not like I shouldn't already know this, I do, it’s just that when I’m rushing I don’t think which is why I need to have done the thinking before I leave the house!  I also mustn't shop with someone else because I lose my concentration. 
Hence this morning I will mostly be going through my fridge and freezing meat ;-) I will be cooking something with pork though, I do know that much, just not sure what.  I’m on day 4 of following Filling and Healthy and I’m enjoying it, makes a change to not have to weight and ProPoint food, plus I've noticed I seem to be eating similar size portions and I’m snacking on boiled ham instead of biscuits which is a massive improvement.
Have a great day and remember to tell your loved ones regularly what they mean to you, unlike possessions they can never be replaced. xx





No comments: