Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Never wait for a new year to make changes...

1st January 2013
“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” Theodore Roosevelt

Well I knew it was officially 2013 when I was woke up by fireworks, I’d been in bed a good while by then, so I read for a little and went back to sleep, luckily I’ve managed to sleep till 6ish which is good for me. 
 
Today is my last day off, back to normality tomorrow, so I really do need to get some stuff done today, on top of my office for one, it’s actually not as bad as it looks I don’t think.   Actually thinking about it I have got most things done it’s just the bits and bobs.
 
I started tracking yesterday just to ease me into it, I started well, breakfast was bran flakes, I even cooked a delicious lunch, for each person I cooked; 40g spaghetti, 85g cooked chicken breast and 40g brie.  I’d roasted cherry tomatoes and onion using 1tsp per person of olive oil, then whizzed them up to make a sauce, which I threw into a pan with the chicken, brie and a bag of fresh spinach and served with the spaghetti and sprinkled 1/2tbsp of parmesan cheese on each, 13pp total and absolutely delicious if I do say so myself.  We sat up the table and enjoyed it with a glass of fine red wine.
 
After lunch we went for a mooch round the shops, I bought a couple of sharp knives for my kitchen and a pair of poultry shears, plus spent a £20 Next voucher on 3 pajama bottoms and 2 pajama tops – apparently my bottom half is only just fitting into what they term ‘medium’! mmm yep I still have chunky legs it would seem.  Here’s hoping when I shift the Christmas weight they’ll fit a bit better.
 
After that we enjoyed 3 hours at the cinema, watching The Hobbit, what a fabulous film, I just love Gollum, just the right mix of humour and sinister, I read the book many years ago, and as it was the first part of a trilogy I think I may have to dig it back out.  I’m really enjoying my reading again, I’ve actually got two books on the go at the moment, and today I’m fetching me a kindle because my bookshelves really don’t have space for anymore books and you can download lots of free books and books for 20p, I’m reading one I downloaded for 20p at the minute and I’m enjoying ti, very easy read http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Half-Life-Of-Hannah-ebook/dp/B0090L9FEW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1357023830&sr=1-1 I found it via http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk/ which is a good place to start as they post daily deals.
 
Anyway back to the tracking, well we were waiting to buy tickets at the cinema, so I nipped to the toilet and when I came back Lynne’s only ordered the SUPER MASSIVE BARGAIN deal, 2 gallon buckets of diet coke and a large popcorn and of course I’m not easily led – MUCH! So we both wasted 19pp there, if that coke had been full fat coke, it would’ve been 12pp a litre which was at least how much there was.  This is typical hedonic hunger which is what the Weight Watchers new approach is all about and what we will be looking at this year.
 
So as I’ve said already I’m not big on the whole “new year” thing, I don’t think we should use one day of the year to decide to change or improve we should take that opportunity EVERY DAY of the year.  Because as of today, you have 100% of your life left, and the same can be said on February 1st or July 1st!  I remember (actually I don’t because my memory sucks, but I’ve just looked back through my old blogs on my pc) mom made me smile back in 2009 when instead of making a New Years Resolution last year she wrote an entire A-Z list of them. I have to say I was so impressed I did one too, this was it;-
 
Always be positive.
Believe in myself.
Care for everyone equally.
Dare to be different.
Enjoy every day.
Forget your troubles.
Give others your time and attention.
Have time out.
Inspire others.
Joke and laugh.
Know what you want from life.
Love and learn continually.
Mean what you say.
Never say never.
Only do things you want to do.
Plan your time.
Quickly make decisions (don't dwell on things).
Relax often.
Strive for success.
Trust others.
Understand others reasons.
Variety is the key.
Wonder "what if".
Xtremes aren't the answer.
Yet more to do...
Zest for life at all times.
 
Go on have a go yourself, it was fun and we don't do enough in our life that's, just for fun, do we?  I wrote that list in 2009 and four years on, I still agree with each and every one of them. 
 
Here’s to making every day of 2013 amazing!  And remember gorgeous is a state of mind!
 
You only need look at Alfies crocked teeth to realise that!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: