Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 14 January 2013

Life is good - not so chuffed with snow tho!


14th January 2013
Giving brings happiness at every stage of its expression. The Buddha
Damn the sky, I don’t like snow!  Add to that Alfie is being a sod trying to lick his lack of bits and my morning hasn’t started the best lol, hey ho such is life!

It’s all unimportant though in the scheme of things, yesterday I popped round to see Katie and the extent of the damage of their fire and I have to say I’ve never been so glad to hug a person, the fire started in her bedroom and that was the first Friday she hadn’t slept there in months!  I’ve ordered a smoke alarm for every room in my house (except kitchen/bathroom) because that could give you valuable minutes.  Her bedroom door was closed and because of that it had time to kick in and take hold before reaching a smoke alarm!  Scary stuff!

Well I’m still following the Filling & Healthy option today will be day 5, although I am over my weeklies with wine ;( but it’s progress, let’s get one thing under control at a time and for the moment my priority is curbing my appetite and eating good food.

I made a Chinese type pork dish in my Actifry yesterday (although it could have been stir-fried on a hob), I marinated strips of lean pork loin & veggies (carrot, peppers, spring onions, broccoli, mushrooms, courgette)  in soy sauce and teriyaki sauce then cooked for about 15 minutes. 

When we popped round to see Katie, they were all sitting in the garden eating MacDonald’s and as we drove off mom said how nice the food had looked, so I offered to go get her one.  I went through the drive-thru with mom and Alfie bought them both a burger and I resisted! Check me out! Yep I waited till I got home and had my pork dish, even if I did have a lot of it, it was still better than big mac and fries.

We will see if I’ve done enough to lose weight or at least maintain on Thursday morning, the good thing is I’m not eating the junk, that was my main concern, I don’t normally eat it but after coming back from holiday I’d been partaking of the odd biscuit or bag of crisps and that’s not a habit I want to start.

Must get my work head on, this weeks all about breakfast, I’ve just noticed there’s an offer on the breakfast oats (2 boxes for £3.50 this week only) and also it’s the last week when members can join in meeting and get their first month for only £10.70, that’s a real bargain, as someone on Facebook pointed out that’s not much more than a trip to the cinema!  Also if you bring a friend to join this week there’s £2 off the shop for you – bargain.

The sunrise yesterday was beautiful and as I looked at it I realised the only guarantee in life is that the sun will rise and set, so lets embrace life and make the day to day normalness enjoyable.  Don’t wait until you lose some weight before you do things, do them now.  Have a fab day, whether at work or play. xx



No comments: