Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 21 January 2013

Snow excuses, life goes on....

21st January 2013

When the universe dumps snow on ya, build snowmen!

You can’t control the weather so you’ve got to just deal with it the best you can, the poor birds and animals out there are really struggling, I spent most of this weekend making a space under the table for bird seed!

This morning I will clean off my car and attempt to get to work, the roads in fairness seem okay, the gritters have been doing a descent job, so SNOW excuses, life goes on doesn’t it.

As for dieting well it was my birthday weekend and I’ve overindulged but I’m back on it from this morning, crumpets for breakfast, probably going to stick with eating Filling & Healthy foods today but might start ProPointing them also to try and get my portion sizes back under control.  I’ve got my cravings back under control, I’m not sitting there thinking ‘what can I eat next’ even though I’ve been home all weekend. 

If this weather is set to continue I’m going to end up with a tidy house, I did my bedroom yesterday, windows, changed bedding the lot, I may tackle my office today, although I have a lot of paperwork to get through, so we shall see. 


 
As you can see Alfie is just oblivious to the snow, he really doesn’t care but I won’t let him out for too long at a time as it’s got to get cold on their feet, I don’t care if he is a dog, he’s an indoor spoilt one really isn’t he!  He can’t get his head round snowmen at all, so when he get the change to get close to one, he pees on it!  The poor foxes I’ve seen scavenging over the last few mornings, even after it’s daylight they’re still out and about – now that’s hungry!
Following on with the takeaway food idea here’s a recipe for
Tandoori Chicken
1 garlic clove – crushed
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin seeds or ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon low fat plain yogurt 1pp
½ teaspoon salt
350g chicken breast cut into cubes 9pp
Mix all ingredients except chicken in a bowl.  Stir in chicken, cover bowl and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes (or overnight)  Thread chicken onto skewers and cook for 12-15 minutes under a medium hot grill turning frequently and basting with the remaining marinade.  Serves 1 or split between 2 and have with WW Pitta bread (3pp each).
Chicken Tikka Masala  (14pp total - Serves 4 @ 4pp each, take 1 hr 5mins.)
200g (7oz) low fat plain yogurt (3pp)
3tsp curry powder (1pp)
1tsp tomato puree
salt & pepper
3 x 125g (4½oz) skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, diced (9pp)
For the sauces:
1 onion chopped finely
low fat cooking spray
1tbsp curry powder (1pp)
400g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
150ml (5floz) chicken stock
2tbsp fresh coriander
Mix the yogurt together with the curry powder, tomato puree and seasoning, then stir in the chicken.  Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.    Preheat the grill and place the marinated chicken pieces on the grill rack.  Grill for 10-15m until cooked through and lightly charred.  Meanwhile cook the onion in low fat cooking spray, over a medium heat, for 5-6m in a covered pan with 2tbsp water until softened.  Stir in the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and chicken stock.  Simmer briskly for 5m, then add the grilled chicken and simmer for a further 5m.  Stir in the coriander just before serving.  Serve with rice.
Right I’m off to do battle with the snow on my car, I haven't touched it since Thursday – boo!
 
 
 

No comments: