Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 3 October 2012

There's always something to smile about.

3rd October 2012

I must do something always solves more problems than something must be done. Unknown
Had a smashing day yesterday, my STOPtober decision was to stop letting the weather cut short my works, so on the afternoon Alfie and I went for a walk in the rain and we both got soaking wet but it was so relaxing, I didn’t have my phone in my hand because it would’ve got wet, instead I walked and let my head clear, very satisfying and stress relieving, the fact I got wet wasn’t an issue.  Alfie dragged me across a freshly cut grass field in my sandals and the result was very wet, cold feet and shoes full of cut grass ;)
 
Worth it though because I ended my day with a clear head and 6pp on my pedometer! Bonus ;-)

We’re having great results in the meetings too, another 39 stone lost last week, 167lb already this week and a staggering 1641 STONE so far this year lost in my meeting MWAH! How fabulous is that!  There’s no smile quite like the success smile and there’s no dance quite like the weight loss victory dance, with her permission one of my members is allowing me to share her joy, just watch this video and tell me losing weight and getting healthy doesn’t make you feel great!

As a lot of you know we’ve been having a few new things to cope with in my household lately, my moms health has particularly made an impact on us, and when things like this crop up it takes some adjusting too, which we are.  Yesterday I realised we’d been spending so much time trying to sort this out and focusing on it that we’d forgot there is more to life!  I realised the music had been turned of, so that was the first change, back on went the stereo, mom loves her music and it distracts us doesn’t it when we’re singing along.  We also had a hug and a giggle because no matter how bad things seem, a giggle cures many ills.  She does make me smile, just a few examples of how she did just that yesterday were;

·         I got back from work and she proudly told me she's fixed the secateurs "I didn't have any WD40 stuff so I used your olive oil, they're working a treat now."

·         I walk past the living room on the afternoon and mom shouts "Uterus", I say, "what", her reply, "4 letters - uterus", the one time I wished she'd just copied the answer from the back of the book!

·         And finally there's something a bit weird but wonderful about hearing your 74 year old mom downstairs singing, "Run DMC “It’s like it and that’s the way it is"
Can I just say these comments have nothing to do with the deterioration of her body or mind, she’s always made off the wall remarks!  And they continue to make me smile on a regular basic, I do wish however that I could help her with her pain and sickness that she’s feeling and stop the deterioration of her mind, it’s so frustrating for her as she’s always been so independent and active.

This is a letter I found online that I wanted to share with you, remember we’re all going to get old, life is very short, embrace each day because they pass by so quickly.  Take care of your body now so it will take care of you later, you’re worth the effort and love and attention.  Enjoy your day, read the following and try not to shed a tear. xx

The Found Essay: Letter from a Mother to a Daughter
“My dear girl, the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through. If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don’t interrupt to say: “You said the same thing a minute ago.” Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep. When I don’t want to take a bath, don’t be mad and don’t embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl? When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don’t look at me that way. Remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair, and dealing with life’s issues every day. The day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through. If I occasionally lose track of what we’re talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can’t, don’t be nervous, impatient, or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you. And when my old, tired legs don’t let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked. When those days come, don’t feel sad—just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love. I’ll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I’ve always had for you, I just want to say, I love you, my darling daughter.”

 

 

No comments: