Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 11 October 2012

Gain or Gain Momentum - your choice!

11th October 2012
Fitting in so you don’t stand out is NOT something to aspire to!
I’ve been great this week, getting everything that needs to be done completed really quickly, making full use of my time, and getting more done than I usually would – I love it when I’m like that, wished it was all the time, but of course it isn’t some weeks I sit gazing at my computer screen thinking I really should get started!
I made a delicious (well it looks delicious, it’s not for me!) cheese and potato pie yesterday for my mate, she’s taking mom to the hospital for me today, so I’ve done her family dinner so she’s got one less things to do when she gets back.  It had 800g potato (16pp) in it and 350g cheddar, now according to online the average 350g of cheddar cheese is 40pp, or low fat is 25pp, I used Pilgrims Choice (on offer in Asda for £2) and there was just under 300g left in the open packet which was 33pp when weighed so the dish in total was 49pp, which if you share 4 ways works out at 12pp each and it does look good, and the dish is quite large.  I topped it with tomatoes (missing out one patch because her daughter doesn’t like them) and grilled until golden.

For my lunch I had leftovers, ½ portion corned beef hash, ½ portion cheese & potato pie, pied on mushrooms, served with chicken tikka sticks and brocolli, random I know but worth 13pp for sure.
 
It’s almost Halloween and I noticed yesterday when I popped in Asda for a few things, it’s amazing how toxic supermarkets can be if you aren’t careful.  I went to get a loaf and there at the end of the aisle was all this ‘spooky cake’ and it’s only £1 a pack BARGAIN!  So there I stood working out all the ProPoint values, the ones on the right are 3pp the ones on the left are 4pp, then I thought ooo I could take them for my meetings to show my members so they know what to buy, one of each is less than a tenner, then I realised I would still be left with all that cake at the end of it, mmm maybe not then because it’s going to get eaten by someone, and lets be honest those cakes aren’t anything different the wrapping has just changed, we are spoilt for choice with cake in the supermarkets, in Asda there’s 2 or 3 aisles of the stuff – that’s what we call an “overloaded environment”!
Yesterday I had a member return to my meeting after a break, she’d gained weight as we usually do, but she’d realised that she didn’t want that to continue, instead she was going to take responsibility for herself, rather than look back and wallow, which is a precious waste of focus and energy!  Remember you are in charge of your own destiny – so decide to think like a winner – think big – don’t be afraid to bite off more than you think can chew and watch yourself rise to the occasion.  It’s amazing what you can achieve if you expect to!
There’s just under 11 weeks until Christmas, so what you going to do, are you going to use the excuse “oh it’s too late now, I’ll start next year” and spend the rest of the year gaining some more, or are you going to get on track and enjoy the ride, whilst you realise that rather than being ON/OFF diets, it’s easier to make realistic easy to do changes to your every day routines!  I love food and I’m not about to stop eating the delicious stuff, so the changes I make include finding alternative ways to cook my favourite dishes, not eating the really high calorific stuff quite so often or eating it in smaller portions.  No one could say my daily eating habits are boring, I enjoy every mouthful I eat, even the quick meals I grab like my tea last night, Warbuton square things with beef slices and a bit of cheese on.  I believe I eat better than I’ve ever done before and I actually enjoy it all now too, whereas in the past I used to just inhale food like a truffle pig, now I savour it, that’s after I’ve spent ages planning and eating it in my head beforehand!
I asked my members yesterday morning what was the best thing you’ve eaten this week and everyone that answered choose something they’d eaten outside of the house cooked in a restaurant or pub or similar.  I can say the best food I eat is usually cooked in my own home and I’m no Nigella, I don’t spend hours in the kitchen, but I do throw together some tasty stuff that doesn’t cost me a fortune.  What’s the tastiest thing you’ve eaten this week and why?
On that note, I’ll let you go, I have a 5pp muffin to consume for my breakfast, not sure of the rest of the day, that’s not always a safe places to be so I’ll get my thinking cap on whilst I whisk Alfie round the block.
Have a fab day, remember it’s Friday tomorrow ;-)
 
 
 

No comments: