Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 30 October 2012

How do you feel rather than what do you weigh?

30th October 2012
One of the best ways to persuade others is with your ears--by listening to them. Dean Rusk
Well I’m extremely surprised my arms don’t ache this morning, went for a gorgeous walk yesterday afternoon, from mine to Essington pools, which is a good mile away, then suddenly Alfie starts limping and seems to be distressed, so I end up having to carry him home.  He was ok later so I think he just had a case of cramp, but a mile walk carrying a 18lb dog isn’t fun I can tell you!
I felt great yesterday morning, even made Wake Up muffins at 7am for my shop lady who’s birthday it was, used strawberry’s instead of raspberries – they weren’t as nice so won’t use them again, I need to try frozen raspberries next.
After finally getting back from our walk - I earned 7pp on my pedometer without the ProPoints earned for carrying a 18lb dog for a mile, that’s got to be worth something – I decided to be frugal and use up the stale bread and some of the stuff in the kitchen I’ve had a while.  I found a sachet of Dolmio sauce for one and some tomatoes on the turn in the fridge, and this is what I made.
Savoury Bread Pudding
I was using up the stuff on the turn!

Soaked 2 stale bread rolls 6pp & 2 slices stale WW bread 3pp In 250ml skimmed milk 2pp & 2 eggs 4pp & a sachet of Carbonara sauce 5pp (you could use a tin of Bachelors condensed low fat chicken or mushrooms soup here)

Layered tomatoes on the turn on the bottom of dish squirted a bit of tomato purée on them then topped with bread mixture

Topped with 1pp of wafer thin ham and the rest of the tomatoes, topped with 40g grated cheese 5pp

Baked on gas mark 6 covered in foil for 20mins, remove foil and cook for 10-15mins until bubbly & crispy.

26pp plenty for two portions or three portions if serving with plenty of zero pp vegetables.
This recipe could use any of your leftovers such as mushrooms, spring onions etc up.  It was really tasty; the cheese on the top always helps!
I do love to get creative in the kitchen and experiment with my cooking, there’s a recipe for toad in the hole in this weeks ‘Your Week’ which I fancy, but I thought about adding some chorizo to it and spicing it up a little, when I mentioned this in my meeting one of my members asked, “isn’t chorizo really bad”, the answer is no worse than any other food if eaten in the wrong quantity, when I check the difference between a pound of full fat pork sausage and a pound of chorizo was 3pp, you wouldn’t need to use that quantity of course.  The recipe uses low fat Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausage and I thought about adding just a bit of chorizo to give it a bit of umph.  There are not good and bad foods, the dose makes the poison – never forget that!  Everything has it’s toxicity level, even water – it’s called drowning!
It makes me smile when we see things as good or bad, or see some things as healthier than others or a better choice when thats not always the case, for example yesterday another conversation about muffin recipes, I’d found an old Weight Watcher on and the ingredients included 4tbsps vegetable oil, my mate said ‘that’s 16pp I’d rather have the ones with Peanut Butter”, when I checked 4tbsp of peanut butter is 5pp more than vegetable oil, they muffins worked out 1pp less, so it depends on your reason for eating the muffin, if it’s to give you energy then definitely the ‘wake up muffins’ are probably the smarter option, if it’s for a sweet fix then the 4pp will save you a ProPoint and give you the fix,
4tbsp vegetable oil = 15pp
4tbsp peanut butter (120g) = 20pp
The best you can do is inform yourself with the knowledge you need to make an informed choice about your food decisions, as well as listening to your head regarding food choices, start paying attention to your body, how does it feel after you eat certain foods, do you feel energised, sluggish, bloated.  There is no one diet fits all solution, you need to find what works best with your body.  Weight Watchers ProPoints are the tool you need to help you lose weight, your mind and body are the tools you need to know if your choosing the right foods.
Think about that today, how do you feel rather than what do you weigh? 
That question alone has changed my entire outlook on weight loss. xx
& a sachet of carbonara sauce (5pp)

Layered Tomatoes on the turn on the bottom of dish squirted a bit of tomato purée on them then topped with bread mixture

Topped with 1pp of wafer thin ham and the rest of the tomatoes, topped with 40g grated cheese (5pp)

Baked on gas mark 6 covered in foil for 20mins, remove foil and cook for 10-15mins until bubbly & crispy.
 
 

No comments: