Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 4 October 2012

Stop torturing yourself - enjoy the journey.

4th October 2012

If you plant the right seed in the right spot, it will grow without further coaxing.
Good morning, it’s black as coal outside at the moment, you gotta love 5am when the autumn months start to kick in, I know it feels a little like winter but it isn’t, still in Autumn officially, although we didn’t really see Summer did we, it went straight from Spring to Autumn!

The sun did manage to shine yesterday though, and I missed the rain shower that started just as I put my coat on to walk Alfie, I waited for it to stop and then went, finished my day with 7pp on my pedometer – nice ;-) but I didn’t have a glass of wine last night instead I had 2 Farleys rusks mashed in milk, 2pp each they are and now they do a wholemeal version, proper nice they were – I am easily pleased aren’t I.
I’d also cooked my favourite chicken and bacon casserole from the poultry recipe cards, that’s took me about 15 minutes to get on the stove then I leave it for a couple of hours and its delicious, we all like it – even Alfie, the rice and parsnips in it tastes so good, I shall probably have it for brekkie, dinner and tea today rather than freezing it, plus today is a very busy day so it saves me thinking.

Tomorrow will be a little more relaxed and I’m planning on cooking Steak and Guiness pie again from the recipe card packs, and some time this weekend I’m going to make butternut squash risotto, I will share that recipe with you if it’s any good.
My cuppa tastes good this morning, you can’t beat that first mug of tea of the day, especially when you’ve actually slept till the alarm and you can’t believe its morning.  I was in bed at 9 too, so that’s a good 8 hours sleep I’ve had, woke up by Alfie at about midnight though, he wanted to go up the garden!

It’s weigh day!  And I’m hoping to have lost the weight I gained last week and a little bit more, my goal is 1lb a week as an average till Christmas, so 4lb over the month in any way possible, I realise that our bodies aren’t machines and we don’t have that consistent loss-loss-loss-loss, well I don’t I get loss big, loss small, gain, loss big kinda pattern most of the time.  I smiled last night when a member who’d been attending just over 6 months came up to me and said, “we have a little problem”, at first my heart sank, I thought ‘oh no what’s wrong’, then she continued, “I’ve had a gain this week”.  It apparently was her first gain EVER since joining the meeting, she’d gained half pound and didn’t know why, I was so relieved, nothing that can’t be sorted.
Another thing that’s come to my attention this week is members still eat food they don’t particularly like, or make changes they’re never going to do long term in search of short term weight loss!  IT DOESN’T WORK!  Eventually they’ll get resentful of eating Weetabix for breakfast when they really don’t like them and they’ll head to the local fry up café and have the full works.  The same happens with the unrealistic changes, I’ve been there, I’ve done it, you don’t keep them up, it’s much better to put in place long term realistic changes that you know you can do forever, so I know that I can (and have) switched drinking as much as I used to pre Weight Watchers to allowing myself a big glass a night if I want it (last night I didn’t but I know I always have the choice), to enable me to do this I wear my pedometer and earn as many activity ProPoints a day as I possibly can, or I have 49 weekly ProPoints allowance to take from instead.  It’s realistic, in the past, I’d join, cut out all the alcohol for 3-6 months, stay home, lose the weight, get bored, go out and get drunk then stop dieting because that was much more fun!

In the past I’d live on diet ready meals, now I’ve adapted my favourite meals so that they have less ProPoints, I’ve created or found recipes that have my favourite foods in them.  I eat what I fancy but within the correct portion sizes and within my allowance, and if I haven’t got the ProPoints to have them on that day, I either use my weekly or activity allowance OR I add it to my good old ‘to eat’ list.  I have a recipe for a sausage roll I want to make that I’ve had for 3 weeks now, there’s no rush, hopefully as far as I know I’m not going anywhere!
In the past I’ve joined the gym and gone every night for a hour and resented every minutes, now I walk Alfie instead, it’s my me time, it serves a purpose, I enjoy it and it gets me out in the fresh air and does me good.

So here’s to the tweaks in your behaviour, the new habits you can create for long term success that won’t make you feel like you’ve become a completely different person, to making changes you’re glad you’ve made – to losing weight in a way that makes you feel great and puts a smile on your face.
End the torture, enjoy the journey. xx

No comments: