Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 31 January 2021

Everything counts!

Sunday 31st January 2021
Plant your own garden, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. 


My stats as of today

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 24/1/21 - 189lb
I've already lost - 11lb 
Yesterday I stepped  5146 times 
I covered  2.19 miles 
I burned 1961 calories  

I consumed Chinese calories
I was active for 30 minutes 
I slept 9 hours 4 mins
 

#walk1000miles challenge - Total YTD =  110.07 left to walk = 889.93

My 3 good things;

1) Zoom chat with understanding and wonderful ladies. 

2) Watching the Mask virtually with Facebook Friends. 

3) Eating the leftover Chinese from the day before. 

 

🦉


If there were 4 good things, number 4 would be the fact we had 9 hours sleep!  Both of us! I heard her go to the toilet a couple of times but she thankfully went back to bed because she desparately needed sleep (as did I) when she doesn't have sleep it shows in her mood and behaviour which was just dreadful yesteraday, we didn't have a good day let's just leave it there. 

I've lots to do today, my washing pile is huge, actually my kitchen floor looks like a launderette, so I'll start there, whilst cleaning the kitchen and wetrooms, the living room can wait till tomorrow. 

As my day wasn't too good yesterday, let's talk about something else. Fruit and Vegetables!  Now I had a good tip yesterday regarding fruit particularly, if it grows in this country enjoy, if it's imported be aware of the sugar content as it's likely to be a great deal higher.  When I was asked if it matters how much fruit and vegetables you eat, should you count the calories, well let's just say EVERYTHING has calories in, you can have to much of everything, even water - it's called drowning! 

One of my lovely friends has proven this, Joan I've known for a good decade or more and she lost weight with me years ago and got to her goal, I know she won't mind me sharing that she has been 10st something for all these years, but she always wanted to be that bit lighter, it's been a running joke between us.  Last year, I suggested she looked at her calorie consumption because she was eating a lot of 'ZERO' foods!  I think that term is almost as dangerous for Weight Watchers as SYNS is for Slimming World.  Nothing should be thought of as Zero because people think it's FREE and nothing should be a Syn because people see it as 'bad' and there's not such thing as bad food, it doesn't have a personality, just like a knife, that's not good or bad, it's more about what you do with it that makes it dangerous and the same goes for food.  

Anyway back to Joan, she messaged me last Tuesday, to say how excited she was because she'd weighed and she was 9st 8lb and how pleased she was about those numbers.  You can't eat yogurts by the bucket and salmon by the packet and expect to lose weight, but Joan was because it was 'zero'.  
From memory I'm sure she was going through about 5 of these 1kg tubs a week
 = 480kcal x 5 = 2,400 calories 

If she had salmon because there was 2 in the pack, she'd have both = 516 calories!

Don't get me wrong, both great foods to be eating in your diet, but portion control is important for all of us.

Now I've eaten nothing but Chinese takeaway for the last two days - who am I to judge!  I'm not judging, I'm just sharing, plus the takeaway isn't something I do every week, it's a treat and it was delicious and it was a reminder that the noodles and rice are my favourite, I'll live without the other stuff next time, wasn't keen on Chinese Pork (Alfie enjoyed the pork), not the Beef and Brocolli, I once had the most delicious brocolli from Cosmo and I've never found it so tasty anywhere else.  

So I've had two days without tracking my calorie consumption, I'm back on it today, when I clean the kitchen in a minute, I'll be sorting a meal plan out at the same time.  Mom's gone back to sleep next to me so hopefully she'll stay that way, I really don't want a repeat of yesterday!  

Hope you're ready for a good day, remember to put yourself first sometimes, you're important too.  Here's to a better day xx

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: