Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 11 January 2021

Yay, it's Monday!

Monday 11th January 2021
It's Monday - get up, drink a cuppa, be happy, do great things, stay positive! 

My stats as of today

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 11/1/21 - 191lb
I've already lost - 9lb 
Yesterday I stepped 10,194 times 
I covered 4.34 miles 
I burned 2290 calories  
I consumed 1,562 calories
I was active for 75 minutes  
I slept 7 hours 10 mins

#walk1000miles challenge - Total YTD = 40.86 left to walk = 959.14

My 3 good things yesterday were;

1) Motivating Zoom UK Event - so many inspiring people

2) My new book - more positive stuff

3) Mom saying shall we go to bed at 7.21pm! 


Thankfully we were in bed for half seven, because she woke me up a couple of times, then at 3am when I couldn't get back to sleep so did my first meditation of the year, time to start making it a daily practice again especially as I got the app for free back in October for 12 months!

I was reminded yesterday of how much personal development I used to do, it was a PD weekend in 2004 that motivated me to walk into work on the Monday morning and hand my notice in!  PD is really encouraged at UW and I'm loving getting back into making it a part of my daily routine again.  Caring for mom has made me forget to do the things that would actually help me to care for mom, so it's great to be reminded of its importance.  

A reminder I got from the book I started yesterday that I'll share with you again (I've said it before I'm sure!) is that the secret to success is consistency.  Yep consistently taking tiny steps over time will make more of a difference than grand gestures.  Think about it, elephants don't bite, mosquitos do, be careful of those little things, because it's the little things that make a difference over time.

This is particulary true of food, if your body burns 2500 calories a day and you eat an extra packet of crisps a day at 120 calories on top of that, over the course of a month, that's enough calories to gain a pound in weight, over a year almost a stone!   The good news is, if you do the opposite and eat 120 calories less a day, you'd lose a pound over the month and a stone over the year.  

Speaking of pounds, I've lost another one this morning, so that 9lb so far, here's to the next pound! 

Helping me do that were these two tasty meals; 


 
I wouldn't buy this risotto again, there wasn't enough of it and it wasn't all that, I bought it as it was reduced to £2.50 and I do like a risotto.  

Another reminder on yesterday's zoom was to run your own race!  Don't compare yourself with others but use their success to motivate you.  It doesn't matter how long it takes you work hard with the time you have, enjoy the journey and never give up!

Never stop learning, I loved this 'training is like sweeping the floor' Just because we’ve done it once, doesn’t mean the floor is clean forever. Ever day the dust comes back. Every day we must sweep.”  I think that is a brilliant quote, one I will remember - love a good quote me.  

If 2020 has taught me anything it's to work out what's important to me, what makes me happy and work at having more of that in my life.  I really enjoyed listening to people from all walks of life, from busy moms to head teachers to nurses to a retired 80 year old all talk about how working for UW doing what I'm now doing had changed their lives.  I love that it's a business anyone can do if they're willing to decide to do it, have belief and commit, I love that some have achieved lots in a short space of time, whilst others have taken their time and fit it in around their lives.  I'm not in a rush, I have other priorities right now, but I do love helping people.  After the event ended, I spoke to a lovely lady who'd messaged me via Facebook, not only can I save her money but she's just about to return to work after her maternity leave and UW would mean she did have to go back to being a carer which at the moment would be much safer too.  

Anyway, a busy UW day today, going to have to stay awake tonight, I'm supporting another partner at half 7, that's gonna kill me I reckon, hopefully mom will be okay.  

I also need to ring about my car insurance today, doing less miles and not doing WW should half it at least I'm hoping. 

Gonna do my online shop and plan my meals for the week ahead now, ooo and make another cuppa.  

Have a marvelous Monday, take care of you, because you matter!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx





No comments: