Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 January 2021

Snow on the ground again & I don't care!

Friday 8th January 2020
Be enough for yourself first, the rest of the world can wait.

My stats as of today

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 5/1/21 - 192lb
I've already lost - 8lb 
Yesterday I stepped 10,318 times 
I covered 4.39 miles 
I burned 2,330 calories  
I consumed 1916 calories

I was active for 68 minutes 
Sleep 8 hours WOO HOO!

I'm going to start adding 3 good things from the day before to keep me focused on the positives. 

1) A lovely walk with Alfie, he was in the mood.
2) Playing in kitchen and enjoying the results. 
3) Managing a 23 minutes walking workout without interruptions. 

Yeah it'll help me to remember to thing about the good stuff because it's too easy to focus on those few hours early evening when mom Sundowns and it's like walking on eggshells!

Anyway, let's not dwell on that, I cooked this deliciousness and that's much more interesting; 


 
I wanted to use up my leftover cheese and some potatoes I'd got that were starting to sprout, so I sliced them and mixed with sliced onions, some herbs and melted garlic butter.  Here's the recipe, really enjoyed it.

Cheese topped potato and onions

Takes about an hour
Feeds 4 
 384 kcal per serving, 14SP blue / green, 8SP purple 

1kg potatoes, thinly sliced (730 cals)
2 onions, thinly sliced (110 cals)
40g melted butter (I used garlic butter) (287 cals)
1 tsp dried mixed herbs (6 cals)
Salt & pepper to taste
100g cheddar (404 cals)

Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C, Fan oven 180°C). Line an oven dish of your choice with parchment paper or a pan liner.   

Put all ingredients except the cheese in a mixing bowl and mix everything together, then pour into oven dish and level it off. 

Bake for about 50-55 minutes until potatoes look golden brown and cooked through.


 
So good, I had to portion up the leftovers to stop me going back to it, enjoyed it with some WW spaghetti, even got mom to have a small bowl. 


The rest of my food looked like this yesterday, my late breakfast, was a crusty cob toasted and topped with avocado, egg, crispy bacon, spring onions and diced tomato with a spoon of sweet chilli sauce.  One of my favourite meals for sure. 


and a mug of the soup I'd made, so it's kept a couple of days already. 


Now I saw this post on Facebook last night and thought, ooo I like that idea; 


Then I thought wow, 1000 miles is a lot, but once I went and looked on their website, it's not as high as you'd think.  Apparently it takes less than an hour a day' walking to hit 1000 miles in 12 months? That doing so dramatically boosts your immunity and cuts your risk of diabetes, heart attack, obesity, stroke and depression? It’s just 2.74 miles a day. , #walk1000miles is a free honesty-based challenge, for more info see the website Walk 1000 Miles.

Now do you reckon you can just count the steps on your Fitbit to do this or would you think you have to go and do that 2.74 miles a day on top.  I'm going to go with the fitbit idea as I can't promise to go for that length of a walk every day with mom as much as I'd like to!  

We're already a week into this year, I'm proud of the fact I've managed to track 100% and I've been keeping track of the miles since 3rd, I'll go check my fit bit for the first two days, 
1st 2.66
2nd 2.92
3rd 4.83
4th 1.8
5th 3.9
6th 7.91
7th 4.39

Total 28.41 miles only another 971 left to go.  Yeah I'm doing this, I'll aim for 3 miles a day which will hopefully help with those days where it's difficult.

Right I have a huge pile of washing to fold so I better get going!  I also have 3 miles to walk lol, it's roughly 7,000 steps on my fitbit.  Here's to the second week of January being as good as the first week, if I can cope with dementia, I can control my food intake and move a bit more!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx


No comments: