Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 2 January 2021

Good first day of the year

Saturday 2nd January 2020
Results happen over time not over night. 


Like the picture says, remember every day is an opportunity, I had a really good day yesterday and would love every day to be so easy but I know it won't be, it won't stop me doing everything I can to make it so.  

Food wise this was how my day looked, leftovers as bubble and squeak, saving the pennies.



The I made a delicous spag bol which isn't usually my thing but I'm experimenting, added a couple of oxos to calm the tomato flavour down and I got a good 5 portions out of it. 


Instead of spaghetti with it I had 'boodles', now this was sent in my shopping as a substitute for courgetti, I'm so glad it was because I was really impressed. 


I'd most definitely buy it again, yes it's cheaper to do your own but this was great for quickness, 3 minutes in the microwave. 

 I am tempted to try making my own though, I've got one in the cupboard and a small spiraliser, or I think I have a julienne hand held slicer thing somewhere.  Here's a good page I've found telling you how to make your own; Butternut Squash Pasta | Food with Feeling

Then for my tea, I enjoyed a potato salad that was use by 1st, with some serrano ham, cucumber and spinach, so good.  


I think yesterday was the first time in a while I hit my 5 a day!  I also had a couple of black coffees, not done that in a long time either, and yeah I know caffiene ain't great but surely it's better than red wine!

Other than food, it was a pretty quiet day, my UW appointment got rescheduled for Monday, I went out with Alfie twice, not for long though, I did enjoy Doctor Who last night, even if mom didn't! We were in bed by half 8 and I've been awake since half 2 which isn't great, I'm lying in bed typing at the minute because it's warmer and you never know I might drop off again but I doubt it.

Now I need to plan my meals for the weekend, see what's in the fridge and use according to use by dates, then I need to check out every thing I've got freezer and cupboards and do some meal ideas so that I don't have to order too much online and I save some money.  

Off the top of my head I fancy; 

Cod in butter sauce, mash and peas
Fish fingers ooo could have them with butter nut squash baked chunks 
I'm sure there's a few frozen Marlies meals in there too, so goat curry as well as my own curries.
Jacket spuds could have one of the leftover spag bols on that
Sardines / Pilchards - I spotted them in cupboard yestrday, think I might have on toast for breakfast with an hardboiled egg mmm. 

Yeah I will stand in the kitchen and make a list of as many meals as I can, when I get up out this warm bed anyway.  I fancy a big mug of tea, that's the only downside I can think of to being single, no one ever makes me a cup of tea these days, moms not made me a cuppa for years! 

Well looking forward to my day ahead, life feels good at the moment, let's keep that feeling going I say!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x 

No comments: