Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 7 December 2020

Not yet?

Monday 7th December 2020
You are the greatest project you will ever work on. 



YET is a very, very powerful word! It's also a word of hope and belief.  Pop it on the end of some sentences you think and it completely changes those negative thoughts and reminds you that, you have the power to change!  

I can't stick to my healthy eating plan.... YET! 

I can't run a mile..... YET!

I didn't achieve my goals.... YET!

I haven't lost weight.... YET!

I don't have a job..... YET!

It's the power of having a growth mindset, when you're feeling doubtful about something or about your ability to do something,  just add the word yet on the end of the sentence, it'll change how you're feeling instantly, making you feel more positive. 

What sentence or thought could you add those 3 letters to the end of that would make it feel lighter?  

For me it would be - I haven't had a decent nights sleep YET!  I'm hopeful to get one again very, very soon, 2am is the new 6am, but at least I got to go to bed before 9pm!  I'm also hopeful to get an uninterrupted night at some point. 

Another for me would be - I haven't got my diary full of appointments YET! See the difference, without the word YET on the end, I'd be feeling deflated and worried, with it, I'm feeling positive for my future, believing that when I'm ready to pick up the phone, the diary will become full and people will start messaging and calling me to ask me to help them with their finances. 

I'm choosing to believe 2021 is going to be really good, I'm going to get my life back in balance as much as is possible.  I'm choosing to be positive about my future 

Whilst you're thinking about which of your sentences need this magic little word adding to them, here's a poem I've just found; 

YET

I am not fast enough.

I am not smart enough.

I am not strong enough.

I am not good enough.

Yet.

Yet.

The one word hanging on the end that changes a message of despair to a message of hope.

Yet.  

I hang on to it closely because if I lose it, I have lost faith in myself and if I have lost faith in myself then yes, I will never be good enough.

Yet.

Added so my dissatisfaction causes self-improvement instead of self-defeat.

Yet.

Keeping my hunger for success from devouring my self-esteem.

Yet is a promise to myself.

Yet is striding, reaching, stretching for today’s best to be better than yesterday’s and expects tomorrow’s to be better than today’s.

Yet is an anticipation of greatness.

Yet is a message to my competitors that there is more to come;

that I am coming for them.

Yet acknowledges the naysayers and then spits on them:

you’re right, I’m not good enough, but I will be.

Yet does not dismiss my past accomplishments;

it proclaims that I’m not done.

Having goals is the opposite of giving up.

Tackling flaws is the opposite of accepting limitations.

Do not mistake my acknowledgement of my imperfections for doubt.

Do not mistake my current inadequacies for inability.

Do not mistake my drive for defeat.

Do not mistake my yet for yielding.

Because yes,

I am not fast enough.

I am not smart enough.

I am not strong enough.

I am not good enough.

Yet.

But I know I will be;


And that is enough.


See how much of a difference it makes, let's get our positive back on. 


-----

Don't you feel stronger just for having read that?  I do, so here's to working on the YETs in our lives, changing the can't into can or even better still HAVE, I can stick to a healthy eating plan or I have stuck to a healthy eating plan, won't it be great when we can change those words and be saying 'I can lose weight' followed by 'I have lost weight'. 

Believe if yourself, in your own power, in your own strength, knowledge and capability!  You already know what to do and how to do it, and if you don't you can find out how - you just need to be brave enough to follow it through.  Be your own guru, your own expert, find your own solutions!

Let's start this week appreciating our own abilities, because you my lovely are incredible!  

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: