Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 December 2020

Like a mobile, we all need to recharge

Wednesday 9th December 2020 
May every sunrise bring you hope, may every sunset bring you peace. 


Doing a little happy dance this morning because we've both slept, only woke up once and she went straight back to sleep.  Poor love was exhausted from the previous two nights, she slept most of yesterday.  She's sat next to me now and we've got Alexa playing us songs, she seems to be enjoying listening to it. 

I got to run an errand yesterday, I know that doesn't sound much to most but to me, it's a big thing, being a full time carer and working full time meant things like that were difficult to fit in, so those little things will make a big difference to me now I'm not working for WW.  Even better than the errand was I got to have a bath, a big bath with bubbles and quiet, my sister sat with my mom and it was bliss, I also got to clean the bathroom from top to bottom afterwards, again something that would've been a task before!  Today I'm gonna clear the cubbyhole - oh yes I'm gonna be brave and empty it out, sort and throw.  I'm still working my way through the alley/shed, there are things there that need to stay for now as they're being stored for a friend and there's stuff I need collecting or distributing but there's no rush is there. 

I managed to do some UW work yesterday, actually signed up a customer and a new partner, so I've now got a couple of ex WW coaches in my team and I'm looking forward to us all working together and having a good time.  

Everything feels better after sleep doesn't it, although I felt okay yesterday to say I'd not had much sleep.  I chose to take time out and relax yesterday too, that's my plan for the rest of the year, rest and recharge as often as possible.  Everything can wait! 

After all, recharging isn't just for your phone!  Have you ever had to change the settings on your phone to 'low battery' to prolong it's battery life until you can get to a charger and plug socket!   It's not so easy to do that with your body and mind is it, but just like a phone if our battery needs recharging we don't work so well.  

We all relax and rest in different ways, I love to sit and watch a good film, especially a naff one!  I've watched a couple of Christmas films on Disney the last couple of days, Noelle and Godmothered, both were lovely and stopped me thinking about stuff.  Today I'm gonna watch, 'the one and only Ivan' I think.  I've also been doing my crochet in the mornings, that tunes me out too and walking Alfie and not being in a rush to get back is a great recharger too.  

Yeah recharging is so very important because unlike a phone, you can't just buy another body and mind!  Stress is a killer, and as lovely and kind and caring as you or I may be, that can all diminish when you're stressed, you start to get snappy and not quite so friendly or tolerant!

I know when I'm refreshed and rested my creativity starts to flow again, I've not done crochet for months really until this month, but also ideas, I get ideas coming when I've not got too much going on.  

I feel better too!  No one surely enjoys being exhausted and stressed out!  It's no good for our health, it can affect the immune system and even shorten your life living like that all the time.  

This Christmas is going to be different for everyone, there won't be loads of parties to go to, so why not use that time to chill out, lazy days, technology free time, read a book, have a snooze, do whatever you know will help you feel rested, do something that's going to make you feel good,  and if that has some calories in it, hell enjoy the baileys in a hot chocolate - it's Christmas! 

Right I'm off to do a bit of crochet, the film will have to wait as moms enjoying listening to some old tunes!  Enjoy your day.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

 

No comments: