Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 December 2020

It was the best job in the world!

Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Let's just be who we really are. 


I am unapologetically myself and I have my Weight Watcher members to thank for that!  When I became a leader back in 2004, on that first night at the end of my training, I remember being so 'professional' because I so desparate to 'pass out' as it was called then, to make it through my final assessment and I was thrilled when Gerry said at the end of the meeting, well done you're now officially a Weight Watchers Leader!  Over time, I let the official persona of myself be replaced by ME, little glimpses of the real me started to break through and it seemed that members quite liked her, eventually my work me and my every day that family and friends saw became the same - the only difference being the none work version has tourettes! 

I think we all have different versions of ourselves that different people get to see, I'd spent the previous ten years trying to fit in with a work group and feeling completely out of my depth, I've since heard the term imposter syndrome and I think I was suffering from that, but not with Weight Watchers, I loved what I was doing and saw I was making a difference.  

If you haven't already seen my post on Facebook I am leaving at the end of the week, if you read this blog regularly you'll know I'm tired, actually I'm exhausted and I can't continue to give my members the attention they deserve whilst looking after my mom so it's time to time to focus on my mom and say goodbye to my meetings.  I'll miss everyone so much but I'll still stay in touch through my Happy Owls group which isn't about weight loss, it's about community and friendship, if you're one of my blogger friends and you're not already in that group, please feel free to join, send me a message to tell me who you are and I'll add you x

I've had so many wonderful comments on my post, they've filled me with love, made me think I'm actually quite good at what I do and I'm not saying never again, I love supporting people.  I'm saying not for now, mom needs me more right now although she's doing my head in this morning lol, she's talking to the weather man and helping him with the forecast which isn't helping me think what I'm typing, plus she's had me up most of the night, I ended up snoozing on the settee, bloody tired this morning I am.  

I might not be a WW coach after Friday but I'm still here to blog, to support people in my group or chat, I'm gonna stay in touch virtually with those I've met along the way, zoom works for friendships and get togethers too, so I'll be using that for a catch up, or I'll go insane with just my mom for company!

Not having to go out to work means I'll be able to use some of that time to actually have a life, my sister can sit with my mom whilst I go for a walk with a friend or meet up for a coffee (when we're not stuck in Tier 3!), I'll basically be able to have a bit of a life again.  Also when all this  covid is under control I'd love to arrange a coffee morning or two to see all my members and say a proper goodbye, we can raise some money for charity at the same time!  

I have so many things I want to say but I'm just full of so many emotions, but I'm not finishing blogging so I can type about it as and when, but for today, I'm going to just sit with my feelings and change the subject for a minute. 

I've started my advent calender and it's a crochet one, I suggested my crochet pals join me on the CAL (crochet along) on Facebook  you're more than welcome to join in too, FREE PATTERN: Advent CAL-endar Day 1 - Crochet Society that's where you'll find the info and you can use any yarn you have spare.  I've not finished day one yet - oops, but I will. It's a busy weekfor me with leaving WW but still doing both that and UW together, at least I'll still be working after Friday but from home which will work so much better for mom, I can do it as and when, if moms having bad days I won't work, it'll take the pressure off me which is what I need.  So yeah, if you want to return the love and help I've given you over the years, get in touch and let me give you a free MOT on your bills and show you what it's all about, no pressure, no obligation, just me showing you the savings you can make and a choice. This is my phone number for you to store so we can stay in touch 07739 968 678, my email is bev_ww@yahoo.co.uk and the WW in my email wasn't because of Weight Watchers you know, I had it before, it was from weekends away I used to organise for friends and stood for witches and wankers!

I'll end it there, I'm gonna have an hour doing a bit of crochet before I get started on my day. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

 


No comments: